Where to go from here? SOO over waiting for APPTS!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Where to go from here? SOO over waiting for APPTS!

Postby mumzy2 » 25 Jul 2013, 21:44

Hi i have what i believe to be 2 fissures that have been constant for the last 2 years.
I have been to the GP who gave me all the creams/diet plans etc to try, these didnt work so i got referred to a specalist who did a quick exam, saw a fissure and booked me in for a colonoscopy to rule out chrones and other Bowel probs.
If my colonoscopy was clear he was going to do an anal stretch (another appt as needs to be under general).
After waiting 6 months, finally had the colonoscopy which to my relief was clear of disease. but i was so disapointed when he gave the nurse a note to say 'try diet change no sign of fissure refer back to GP'!
I didnt get a chance to talk to him after the procedure. How could he of missed them!
Right up to the day before it was pain with blood when i poop, just like everyday.
Went back to GP who referred me back to him for the stretch (i even requested to pay private so it gets done faster) now got sent another appointement which is not until mid october, when he will likely look and i will go back on the waiting list for the stretch. GRR could cry. I know its not high up on the list but its still a painfull condition thats causing not only physical pain but anxiety. Im too scared to go away on holiday or stay at friends etc because im scared im going to have pain etc :(
Has anyone else had colonoscopy that missed a fissure? Any advise welcome sorry just needed to vent!
mumzy2

Topics: 2

Re: Where to go from here? SOO over waiting for APPTS!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 25 Jul 2013, 23:53

Hi Mumzy2,
Welcome to the forum, so sorry you are having problems. Not too sure if a colonoscopy will detect Fissures. When I had a colonoscopy it was to check for bowel conditions. I have IBS. My CRS diagnosed my 2 monsters by visual exam and I had an EAU when I had my Botox. Not too sure about he stretch procedure, but I think there are some people on here who have had it done. Could you ask to see another CRS? I would try if you don't feel right with the current one. Even just to get a second opinion. In the beginning it took over my whole life, I ended up taking ADS which have really helped me, I an still taking them now. I am loads better nowadays after Botox and I can see there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and we are all here for you.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Re: Where to go from here? SOO over waiting for APPTS!

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 26 Jul 2013, 00:19

So sorry for your terrible luck with doctors!  Keep complaining....squeaky wheel until you get some answers and help!!! Life shouldn't be so hard in 2013!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10