Seeking advice on protien...

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Seeking advice on protien...

Postby Kreaybutt » 05 Aug 2013, 08:24

So my diet consist of veggies, ALOT of fruit, whole wheat bread/muffins/oatmeal, natural peanut butter(everyday a few times a day) chicken, fish, eggs about twice a week, turkey. Oh and honey a few times a day. I read somewhere about fissure diets and honey was mentioned. My question is how do you guys add protein into your diet? My usual weight before fissure was 107-110 and I am now 79 lbs and u just keep losing! :( I can't do protein powder, I tried making shakes with protein but they give me horrible gas pains. Does anyone have advise on what I could add to my diet to help gain? Thanks guys!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Seeking advice on protien...

Postby Please go-away! » 05 Aug 2013, 20:06

Hi Kreaybutt.
I lost weight from being in the hospital, and after because I was afraid to eat much. Yes eating healthier and all this fibre/protien can make you loose some weight too,because you are cutting out the bad fat's.
I was able to slowly put some on by incorporating the good fat's, like Coconut oil (it's a solid found in most health stores),pure virgin olive oil, and or flax seed oil.
Try to incorporate the starchy vegetables, slowly, like peas,(no regular potatoes) sweet potatoes are fine.
Milk and lactose, you probably have issues there, I know I have IBS, I can tolerate 2% yogourt(now that's great idea) but I can't have any milk product Or protein powder's, check the ingredient to make sure it's lactose free, the protein powder mix.
How about chopping up some date's, about three in your morning oatmeal, great fibre.wishing you all the best,:D 
Stay tuned, I'm sure more tip's will follow.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Kreaybutt » 06 Aug 2013, 07:57

Yumm dates are a great idea! Yes I am lactose intolerant unfortunately. I just bought dairy free yogurt and cottage cheese though, hoping they'll be easy on the tummy. Do you eat the coconut oil and olive oil everyday? Before or after meals? I didn't think of it but that is a great way to add calories. Thanks for the advice!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 06 Aug 2013, 19:16

OH i love to cook with them, a little goes along way, plus the coconut gives good flavour. try it.
I almost always use one or both sometimes.Exspecially if you make a stir fry, coconut will take a higher heat, and then as I lower the temperature on the stove I will add a teaspoon or more of the olive oil.Image  All the best.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Kreaybutt » 07 Aug 2013, 07:53

I took your advice and bought dates yesterday! For breakfast I switched it up and made French toast with whole wheat cinnamon bread and topped it with almond butter, honey a little bit of blueberry spread and chopped up dates. Umm delish! I also bought lactose free cottage cheese which has 12 grams of protein per serving and mixed it with honey and sliced peaches and cinnamon. It was a yummy and healthy breakfast kind of day over here :) honey and cinnamon together are suppose to be great for your health.
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kreaybutt » 07 Aug 2013, 07:53

Oh I also had a tbs of olive oil and coconut oil yesterday and it made for two very good soft BM's today :)
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 07 Aug 2013, 20:15

I am soooo happy, happy for you yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
lol.     BM"S as smooth as silk I say..:D
P.s. not too many dates, they are still loaded with sugar,and too much can give diarrhea,(high fibre, but also a natural laxative effect)I experienced that, well I knew, but when I bought a very fresh box of date's..WELL..lol, I kinda ate to many, a little diarrhea.Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Kreaybutt » 08 Aug 2013, 08:14

Luckily I only ate two! lol and two more this morning. They're my new fave. Does anyone eat protien bars? I was thinking they might be beneficial for weight gain but I've never tried them. Does anyone have a reccomendation on a good one??
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist