Desk chair options

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Desk chair options

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 30 Aug 2013, 16:49

Hi guys,
I'm four months post-LIS and seem to be having a relapse (yay for me). I think it's from too much sitting... But I don't have much of a choice because I need to do my job somehow! I sat for perhaps as long as five hours the past ten days or so, and I'm dying here. What suggestions do you have for office chairs or cushions? I'm using a memory foam cushion now, and it's helped me greatly in the past year but not through this flareup. Has anyone used those kneeling chairs? I read an old thread on this forum nixing them, but I thought I'd see what you guys were doing to get through the work day.
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Desk chair options

Postby Ever the Optimist » 31 Aug 2013, 13:47

Hi Ceetee,
It's really great to hear you are now doing so well!!
I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on the kneeling chairs - Did you goggle them? Hopefully someone will pop in who has a better idea than me!
I found a foam donut cushion with a soft pillow over the top really helpful for me when I was going through the worst - The Donut alone was not that comfortable but with a pillow on top, it was really comfy because it had that dip in the middle, which mean't the painful area wasn't positioned on too solid a surface, yet also cushioned by the soft pillow.
I do hope you find something that really helps you soon!....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby J-32 » 01 Sep 2013, 08:55

Hi
I was using kneeling chair. In my opinion it's not bad. It gives you some relief since you do not have to press that painful spot with full weight of your body. However it is still ca. 50% of the force that affects that area.
I find it also advantageous because you do not have to inform anyone around that your butt is in such a pain, it's so embarrassing... You can always explain that your back are in pain. BTW it's true in my case.
Take care.
Keep strong.
J-32
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 02 Sep 2013, 22:54

Thanks, guys! Always great to hear from you, EMO! I've been traveling with and using a memory foam cushion marketed for folks with bad tail bones (coccyx cushions, I think they're called). I flip it around so that the gap for the tailbone just goes between my legs. I think I may have to give the kneeling chair a try. I've moved my computer to a standing station, and my knees, legs, and back are killing me now! I've added myself to the wait list for a bionic body, but until then I need to get this sorted out! :p
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby hootinannie » 03 Sep 2013, 09:56

Oh these are such great suggestions. I have the worst time in my car, and I've tried a donut, but not a donut with a pillow over it. I'll do that today. Even my heated seats don't help and by the time I get to my destination, I'm just screaming. Has anyone got more suggestions for car travel? And I love the kneeling seat idea. Has anyone tried and exercise ball? I have heard that this massages your pelvic floor and can help quite a bit. I am getting the ball today and will let you all know.
hootinannie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7