Diltiazem 2% and Lidocaine 1.5% vs Nitro 0.2%

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem 2% and Lidocaine 1.5% vs Nitro 0.2%

Postby youngworried » 30 Aug 2013, 19:43

Hi!
I recently have been suffering from an AF, obviously. It's why I'm here, right?
Anyways, I was first prescribed Nitro 0.2%. This did no good to me at all. In fact, it made my fissures even worse and caused me loads of pain.
I went back to my doc and got Diltiazem 2% and Lidocaine 1.5%.
It really does work!
The only issues I have with it is it causes a lot of itching for the first hour. It's really not that bad. Not even close to as bad as my AF pains. I think I almost feel a little more hypersensitive about my bum because of it... but that's goes away after an hour or so. I can live with it as long as it'll make the AF pain and the AF itself go away.
Today's my second day of usage and so far it's been excellent. A little itch from time to time, but if I wiggle my butt a bit, the itch passes.
I'd recommend Diltiazem! The Lidocaine was an added bonus but I've tried Diltiazem on it's own and it worked wonders as well. Except, it didn't itch at all for me. I'm guessing that's the Lidocaine doing the itch.
Any experience with this ointment? And is the itch a normal side effect with it?
I'd love to hear thoughts!
youngworried
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Diltiazem 2% and Lidocaine 1.5% vs Nitro 0.2%

Postby Darkeyes » 30 Aug 2013, 19:52

I don't have experience with diltiazem (just the nitro and nifedipine) but I am really glad that it is helping your pain! It is so interesting that some ointments work better for some people than others. I hope it keeps working and that you get some insight about the itching.
Darkeyes
Salt Bather

Topics: 8