Brand new fissure guy

I posted an intro over in the please to meet you thread

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Brand new fissure guy

Postby charlemagne » 18 Sep 2013, 19:16

Hi fissure friends,

2 weeks into this.
I think so far the damage is just inside my anus. I note no sentinel pile, signs of blood, or open tissue outside the anus. Regular TP works fine for now.

It is a pimple like protrusion (a big pimple) about 1/3 of the way into my anus.

At worse, it stings and aches slightly. At best, I feel like I have a diaper rash from the Prep H Aloe that I am using on a hemorrhoid I am trying to prevent from becoming thrombosed.

I am trying to eat smartly, soluble and insoluble fiber.
2+ liters of water daily
Colace 100 mg morning and night
Miralax 1x at dinner time
Hydrocortisone suppository after morning sitz
Hydrocortisone suppository after PM BM/sitz.
1000 mg of vitamin c morning and night
Magnesium 500 mg. PM
I walk a fair amount at work and try not to be seated for too long at a time.

My big questions right now is what else should I be doing?
and
what should I replace the Hydrocortisone with after they are gone?

I have an appt. in 2 weeks with CRS, but of course want to use this time effectively as possible.

Thank you kindly,

Chas.
charlemagne

Topics: 2

Re: Brand new fissure guy

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 24 Sep 2013, 09:52

It sounds to me like you are doing the right things. I didn't use hydrocortisone suppositories, but I do all the other above. Instead, I purchased empty plastic suppositories from an online medical supplies company, and I fill them with pure coconut oil (and then freeze to keep them solid), which I put inside at night (not during the day because it just leaks out, though if you don't mind you could do it during the day). I swear by the coconut oil, it never itches after I use it. I take vitamin e oil by mouth as well (capsules), though it's hard to say if it's healing it or not. I think the main thing is to never ever strain again, either keep it super soft or use something to squat instead of sit to make sure you don't need to strain.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby charlemagne » 24 Sep 2013, 10:18

Thanks for the reply. I finished the hydrocortisone yesterday. I am awaiting delivery of CARLSON KEY E
suppositories. I cleaned up with Lubriderm skin repair after morning BM. So far so good. I look forward to sitz everyday, feels awesome and I can catch up on breaking bad.
charlemagne

Topics: 2

Postby CrayonOfDarkness » 24 Sep 2013, 10:52

Haha, good thing you can watch things in the bathroom. I just started watching Breaking Bad (it's great!). When I used to spend huge amounts of time on the sitz I would read... I got a lot more reading done then. Now I'm glad to not need to be sitting in it constantly but in a way it was kind of relaxing.
CrayonOfDarkness
Salt Bather

Topics: 5