Bleeding questions and BM questions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Bleeding questions and BM questions

Postby rw76 » 25 Sep 2013, 12:54

I am exactly two weeks into my first ever fissure.

Ok so I am overall doing better. I am still sore after BMs but the intensity is a lot less than those first few days when I could not do anything but lay in bed in misery.
My BM are regular now - every morning - sometimes 2x a day but at least now I feel I can count on that AM BM. I use a squatty potty and have finally gotten to the point that I have an urge and do not have to push much at all if any.

My question on Bleeding is - I am still spotting in the tucs pad sometimes even after easy and mostly pain free BM. It is not a lot of blood at all. Just a little tinge of pink dots - after I wipe two times it is gone so it is very minimal but there sometimes. I will go through a couple of days of no blood and then that little pink dot will be back. Is this normal healing?

Also on BM I have a question. I am def. having soft stools but now they are almost too soft - the first stool this am was formed (broken up formed) but after that I had to go again about 1/2 hr later and it was loose and not formed whatsoever like just a pile of mush. :roll: Did not hurt and the spams afterwards seem about the same. I have noticed this too soft stooling happening since yesterday - was more normal in the am but I had a PM BM that was the same soft stuff. It is like almost melted soft serve. I am planning on continuing my magnesium am and pm and the flax seed oil caps but cutting to one colace at night instead of morning and night and see how that does.

Any thoughts on these two topics? :thankyou:
rw76
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Bleeding questions and BM questions

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 25 Sep 2013, 13:51

Your right on track rw76

We get ask that question about the blood in the stools all the time. Not to worry though, your still healing. That blood is just thought to be the oozing from a partially forming scab that your bm irritates.

Yeah, getting those stools just right is a guessing trial and error type thing. Your doing pretty much what you should in ease up on the colace. I would of course try tweaking the magnesium or even flaxseed if I saw no imprivement with less colace. But one at a time is the right way to go.

Many people complain about that second bm of the day being a bit too hard and causing problems. At least in your case its still nice and soft and does not sting. I hope you don't get the opposite affect when you tweak the colace. Try remembering what dosages your at in case you have to revert back.

Gl to you...
Deleted User 2950

Postby rw76 » 25 Sep 2013, 13:53

Thanks you! So reassuring to have feedback since I am such a newbie. I am keeping a journal with what I am taking so I can track things back and try and pinpoint what works and what doesn't :) So glad to hear that the pink spotting is ok.
rw76
Salt Bather

Postby rw76 » 25 Sep 2013, 14:03

Ugh - I def need to tweak - just had to go again and now even looser.
rw76
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 25 Sep 2013, 16:29

LOL Rw,
It's better to have to tweak to get a little firmer than the other way round!! You'll figure it out.........
Soft-smooth, but slightly more "frozen" than too melted, is great!
As Butt says, don't worry about the blood - it's the pain levels you need to monitor because the pain reduction is a far better sign of healing than a few spots of blood at this stage....
You sound like you're doing great.......
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby rw76 » 25 Sep 2013, 20:33

Well I am at a baseball game - I did take 2 motrins but I have zero pain after 3 bm today - I am going to call that a success ;)
rw76
Salt Bather