I just want to share :)

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I just want to share :)

Postby Kreaybutt » 04 Oct 2013, 20:23

Being healed from this dibilitating condition has got to be THE best and most joyful feeling in the world.
I suffered for 6 months with off and on afs after the birth of my daughter. I was afraid to eat, i only ate salads and cereals and chicken occassionaly. At first i didnt change my diet or use laxatives, i healed in 5 days, re-tore in two weeks then healed that fissure completely. Unfortunatly i got constipated a few times due to not eating enough, not drinking enough water and skipping meals. I got reccomened to a crs and was put on nifedipine and miralax. They helped TREMENDOUSLY. I got a little too excited and had a huge meal one night, 4 tacos (fried shells a ton of black beans and white rice) didnt hardly chew my food and didnt drink water with my meal. Payed for it the next morning with a re-tear. I again changed my diet, 5-6 small meals a day, a ton of water, half cap miralax at night, oatmeal in the morning. I had good and bad days but it has been almost 5 months since that first painless day. About 2 months ago i went in for a check up and my crs said i was tight but from what she could see, i was healed up. I was still getting pretty bad spasms but with no pain so she wanted to do an exam under anastesia. We scheduled the procedure but i got sick and had to cancel. About a week later i scheduled another apt becuase i was experiencing bad itching. uhg horrible. So she takes a look and says "Wow, i can actually get up in here and look, i was never able to do this before, It looks really great and you look healed") We were both happy and in shock. The itching was coming from the nifedipine. My skin wasent reaccting nicely to it anymore. Now the best advice i could give to anymore going through this is to pray. Nothing changed physicialy or emotionaly until i started praying about it. Instead of being weak and crying why me? what did i do to deserve this...I prayed about it. There is a reason for everything happening in your life. I now know why i had to go through this pain, the outcome is so worth everything ive been through with my bum. I needed this to happen to realize what i have. My relationship with god is so great, i thank him every morning, before and after every BM. I am SO thankful for things i took for granted before this. Even the smallest things. I dont want to boast about being "healed" but i want to share the true power of prayer. God is truly great :thankyou:

Now, i still take mirilax (half cap) and plan to until the end of the year.
I drink about 4 liters of water a day
I dont eat red meat, white bread or cheese.
Everything else i have re introduced into my diet.
Such as pastries and ice cream. I have to admit that i have a dessert every night after dinner, lately its been pumpkin pie with whipped cream. mmm yum. last weekend i had a pumpkin pie donut from dunkin donuts..ohhh how ive missed donuts! Yumm
I researched cheeses and learned that mozzerella and goat cheese are easiest to digest so occassionaly i have some and they've caused no problems :D I made shrimp whole wheat bagel pizzas with mozzarella the other night and it was amazing!
Mexican food, I've missed it so much. Have it about twice a week.
I also eat bigger meals, i eat untill im full and satisfied. 6 meals a day.
I love oatmeal so i still eat it every morning.
20-30 min walks every day
coconut oil once or twice a day.
You have to know that once you start eating all these new foods yours bms will not be the same or as smooth, even with the mirilax, but for me this is ok. I have bulkier bms but thats expected since eating a lot more. Thats all i can think of right now and my daughter is throwing all her food around on our rug so ive got to cute out, lol. Please let me know if u have any questions or if i can help in any way!
Have a blessed weekend everyone and remember to pray :lovebug:
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: I just want to share :)

Postby owmybum » 09 Oct 2013, 10:46

:|: :superrabbit: That's great kreaybutt... So great you have healed and are managing to incorporate more yummy foods into your diet!!

:goodnews: :cheerleader:

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: I just want to share :)

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 09 Oct 2013, 14:08

Ahh the power of prayer, God is good.

Good you found that out Kreaybutt.

Yes we remember you and your love of eating. Its great to hear that your back on track. It is so refreshing every time I hear someone thanking the only one who can truly give us healing. It all comes form God doesn't it?

The olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed, prune juice weren't created by accident were they. Even the Dilt, the Nitro, the NifeD, were thought out by many God-fearing scientist wanting answers on how they can better help humanity.

Anyways, good for you, and we sure hope this is the end of the line on your anal issues.

May God continue to bless you and yours......
Deleted User 2950