One Good Thing About AF..Save Money On TP!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

One Good Thing About AF..Save Money On TP!!

Postby CanadaHell » 23 Oct 2013, 09:54

Wed Oct 22

Hi guys, new here a few posts. What a crazy couple of days I have had. Today and yesterday no crazy killing brutal pains but a throbbing burning continues.Everyday is different, huge bm's and small bms. With all the new over the counter and under the counter meds I am taking I am getting a complete bowel clense.

Yes I am a very tall guy 6'6 and fit in a small apt size bathtub! here in Ottawa Canada I am still having difficulties getting the cream into my bum. Bought a hand held mirror, no good. My doctor gave me these long skinny wooden q-tips to go deeper, cause my fissures in the back. and another friend suggested; " Find a GAY friend to show you", well I may end up with something 'else' up there. My ass feels raw from all the sitz baths I am taking 10-15 a day, so getting the cream in there aint so fun., Yesterday managed to get out for a while, I think taking the fibre powder and senekot is helping quite a bit, but at least not in that suicidal pain the last few days.

Sick to death of H2O in all forms, drinking and sitting in it. Want to future Boycott swimming pools and Beach Resorts!!

Mornings are the worst. Get up hard poo initially, bathe, cream, fibre powder, stool softner.. goes on and on. ADVIL horsepills for the pain which upset my tummy, I have IBS too.Tylenol thanks creates constipation. No hot water bottle just ice packs, prefer to sit on them and when I travel around town on bus etc.

More later, very sleepy today to the library here to post.
CanadaHell
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: One Good Thing About AF..Save Money On TP!!

Postby Scientist2516 » 23 Oct 2013, 10:08

Hi Canada,
I recommend using a very warm (not hot) hot water bottle because it helps the same way nitro, nifedipine and diltiazem work (don't remember which one you are using). The heat relaxes the anus, just like the drugs do. This soothes the spasms, and since the spasms feed back on themselves (spasm causes pain, pain causes spasms) soothing them is a really good idea. Also, the heat helps bring blood to the anus - it opens up the blood vessels just like nitro etc does. This promotes healing.
I've been using my hot water bottle daily, and believe it contributed greatly to healing. Almost more important, it helped me deal with the pain.
Plus, if you sit on a hot water bottle, you don't have to sit in water so much, though baths probably do help as well.
Cold packs can be useful, but cold drives the blood away. My advice - do both, alternately. Though I never tried cold myself, if it helps you, go for it.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby CanadaHell » 23 Oct 2013, 21:32

Found mobile site tonight. No $ for water bottle until next week. Got out today, constipated yet again. No idea why? After all I am using? Pain bad for r short time tonight, getting a little better, but stg burning sensation all day long. Pain less severe and less often, warm baths seem to do the trick.
CanadaHell
Salt Bather

Postby painfreebuttpleez » 24 Oct 2013, 20:43

I have been tormented for months....have tried lots of remedies-- and I must say I couldn't live w/o my witch hazel pads (tucks) I pretty much keep one on my bum! Witch Hazel is pretty cheap, so I have made my own little wipeys a few times. Maybe it can help...
painfreebuttpleez

Topics: 1

Postby CanadaHell » 25 Oct 2013, 12:28

Thanks, thought of that aswell
CanadaHell
Salt Bather

Postby healingcaligirl » 26 Oct 2013, 15:03

in place of the hot water ball, try filling a sock with some rice, tying it closed and microwaving it for 30sec-1min. You can reheat as needed. Its a good substitute for those of us on a tight budget ;)
healingcaligirl

Postby CanadaHell » 26 Oct 2013, 16:20

no microwave want to avoid "anul fissure pressure" too. Water bottle just broke!
CanadaHell
Salt Bather