How to save my ass?

Food? Or else?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How to save my ass?

Postby John667 » 13 Aug 2018, 16:02

I've had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago and was diagnosed with an anal fissure. For the last year, there have been regular bleeding and terrible pain at time. The problems started AFTER I changed what I ate and started eating more fiber, legumes, vegetables, etc.

My GP gave me sodium docusate (100 mg. before bed each night) and I got psyllium (more fiber, still!). So far, it's not working effectively, as I continue to bleed regularly (maybe 4 times a week) with pain most of the time (worst the day after drinking alcohol).

I've read that fibers can help or not... I was wondering maybe psyllium is not helping me. I already eat so much fiber it's amazing. I've read that eating LESS fiber could help. It makes sense to me because my problems started when I started eating more fiber. But eating less fiber right now would make me more constipated, so there you go, I don't know what to do.

Any idea?

Thanks
John667
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: How to save my ass?

Postby hurtinend » 13 Aug 2018, 22:10

my issue with fiber is that it bulks up the stool so it's larger as it passes through.

I found some relief when I toned down the fiber a bit and added magnesium citrate supplement. Magnesium draws water into the bowels, making things easier to pass.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby John667 » 14 Aug 2018, 11:09

hurtinend wrote:my issue with fiber is that it bulks up the stool so it's larger as it passes through.

I found some relief when I toned down the fiber a bit and added magnesium citrate supplement. Magnesium draws water into the bowels, making things easier to pass.

I've read about magnesium citrate been good for bones, but didn't know about water in the bowels. What's the difference with sodium docusate?

I also read this on this page:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322588.php

"People should not use magnesium citrate if they have rectal bleeding."

When you toned down the fiber, did constipation set in? I know that too much fiber is bad, but I feel some dependance, I mean that I fear that if I slow down too much on fiber I could get constipation big time and rip my ass open...

I also use nifedipine but it doesn't help I believe....
John667
Salt Bather

Postby hurtinend » 14 Aug 2018, 14:02

magnesium is also a muscle relaxer, so it relaxes the bowel and also pulls water into the intestines. If you google you will find many articles. Here is one:

https://www.healthline.com/health/diges ... um-citrate

Docusate is a pharmacy stool softener, I didn't find it helped me much.

As far as dropping the fiber, I guess it depends on how regular you are normally. I didn't find that increasing fiber helped my fissure pain.

You may want to talk to your doctor about the bleeding.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby John667 » 14 Aug 2018, 14:06

hurtinend wrote:magnesium is also a muscle relaxer, so it relaxes the bowel and also pulls water into the intestines. If you google you will find many articles. Here is one:

https://www.healthline.com/health/diges ... um-citrate

Docusate is a pharmacy stool softener, I didn't find it helped me much.

As far as dropping the fiber, I guess it depends on how regular you are normally. I didn't find that increasing fiber helped my fissure pain.

You may want to talk to your doctor about the bleeding.

What do you think about the fact that it isn't recommended for anal bleeding?

My doctors knows about the bleeding, and this is why she recommended docusate and nifedipine, but so far it didn't work.

I'm new here. I wonder if there are some success stories from people who got rid of chronic anal fissure!
John667
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 18 Aug 2018, 18:00

Sucks man sorry to hear. I was diagnosed after a colonoscopy , three drs later here I am. Just search for the perfect poo. I was high fiber (36-40g) now I’m good at 30-35g with psyllium and magnesium chelate. But it changes. I ended up getting the LIS a week ago. Watch what you eat and don’t lift anything heavy for weeks. It was affecting my job so I went through with it. Had a bad bad day. If you eat right the blood will stop. (44yr old male)
Deleted User 7275

Postby Deleted User 7275 » 18 Aug 2018, 18:20

Also try one at a time: 4-6 prunes through the day,
coconut oil(morning) ,prune juice at night, peanut butter, olive oil. Take it slow some works for others some not.
Deleted User 7275

Postby John667 » 20 Aug 2018, 08:17

I hope I can heal and will not need the LIS. Can't live with 10% anal incontinence risk. Too high a risk. Hope it went well for you.
John667
Salt Bather