What are the "Symptoms" of AF "Infection"??..Proctosedyl??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What are the "Symptoms" of AF "Infection"??..Proctosedyl??

Postby Canadahell1 » 05 Nov 2013, 00:38

A very bad day today, "24 hrs of non-stop burning. Went to see the "useless" surgeon this morning, he didn't even exam me. Had a massive burning attack which forced me into a taxi, couldn't get home quick enough, thd pain was so awful!! All day long "burning,burning,burning. So my question here.How do I know if my AF is "Infected??What are the "Symptoms". Used Soflax liquid for the first time today, yucky tasting. Bad headache all day today too. Lots of fluids, no problem and false BM tonight. Anyone here know this non-covered drug called "Proctosedyl"?? Infection Treatment cream for AF's??? Any personal experiences using it?? Thanks!!
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Topics: 15

Re: What are the "Symptoms" of AF "Infection"??..Proctosedyl

Postby east_1234 » 05 Nov 2013, 03:47

I am using Proctosedyl suppositories at the moment, it says that it contains 2 ingredients, one is a local anaesthetic, the other one reduces inflammation. So it probably reduces the inflammatory responses of an infection, but may not get rid of the infection itself:
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/digestive-he ... ories.html

I guess your body can fight off some of the infections (drink lemon water etc..), others may need antibiotics? Apart from the burning, do you have any discharge from the affected area? I hope that someone with experience will reply. and I hope you see a better surgeon next time!!!
east_1234
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby rio » 05 Nov 2013, 14:38

I am sorry you are in so much pain.
I have a lot of burning too, increasing in last three weeks.
I must not use hydrocortisone drugs like Proctosedyl (I used it twice for about 10-14 days), my dr. told me that it thins the skin and that my increased inflammation could be from over use of hydrocortisone (which I got from her collegue doctor).
I tried to ease burning with chamomile in coconut oil with some success (better than nothing so far). I put about 10 tsp. of dried chamomile flowers in a glass jar and cover them with melted coconut oil. close the jar and put it in boiling water bath for about 20-30 minutes and then let it cool and leave over night. The next day I drained the oil trough sterile gauze. It is light yellow and smells nice like chamomile tea. Put it in the fridge and then cut the piece of it with (hot sterilised) knife. I put this oil first on the outside to check the reaction and because it was o.k. the next day I started using small amount internally. It is far from cure, but it decreased burning at least a little. Maybe it is not for everyone, because we react so differently, maybe tomorrow it will not do me good. It seems to me the fissure has its own rules ad what helped me yesterday will burn me tomorrow. (sorry, I am in some more pain today than a day before)
Hold on!
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby Canadahell1 » 05 Nov 2013, 15:09

Another "bad day" again. Totally immobilized with constant "burning" despite all I an using. Homebound,bored out of my tree and in terrific pain. Suicide? Not going 4 surgery until March,aint going to make it! Friend did an errand got me groceries, tackled the laundry in misery climbing stairs.
Canadahell1
Salt Bather

Postby east_1234 » 06 Nov 2013, 04:44

I am sorry that you are suffering! Maybe you should go back to your CRS as you really sound like you are in desperate pain.
I guess they did nothing and only gave you Proctosedyl because they thought the pain might go away, but it hasn't, so if you are suffering 24h nonstop, maybe they will do something about it?

Rio: I make my own coconut oil suppositories too. but I use drinking straw to mould them and squeeze it out before use so that they are nice and thin and easy to apply! I find that coconut oil has a very low melting temperature so it often disappears before it goes in.. but cutting into bigger pieces like you do take some skills. Camomile sounds like a good idea too! Can I infuse the oil with Camomile teabag instead?
east_1234
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby rio » 06 Nov 2013, 05:35

I think you can try tea bags. But I think oil will need more time to penetrate in to tea bags to extract enough of camomile esentials (with direct contact to the flowers it might be more potent) and I am not sure about possible chemicals in the paper. I used quite a lot of flowers comparing to oil (equal to 20 tea bags) and approx. 60 ml of oil).
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby Canadahell1 » 06 Nov 2013, 07:59

Can Someone answer my question please?? Off the topic. What are the "symptoms" of AF infection??
Canadahell1
Salt Bather