What do "re-tears" feel like?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: What do "re-tears" feel like?

Postby Superfissure » 13 Nov 2013, 07:08

I've just been to see my Doctor about my recent re-tears and I'm now on GTN which I've read about here. The doctor thinks it will help create a more permanently repaired fissure. I have only used sheriproct ointment before which my last doctor prescribed. I feared 'the finger' but this time thankfully he just had a look externally and could see the fissure which is apparently at the front (isn't it more common for them to be at back?). As it's been feeling better last few days fingers crossed this GTN works for me.

Due to another issue I have in close proxmity which we talked about today I'm now on two creams and pills twice a day! I also have penile thrush!. Does it get any worse, or more embarrassing?
Superfissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: What do "re-tears" feel like?

Postby Scientist2516 » 13 Nov 2013, 09:09

Dear Superfissure, yes, it's much more common for fissures to be at the back, but some occur at the front.

Here is some information I found:
Most (85-90%) fissures occur in the posterior (back) midline of the anus with about 10-15% occurring in the anterior (front) midline. A small number of patients may actually have fissures in both the front and the back locations. Fissures located elsewhere (off to the side) should raise suspicion for other diseases (see below) and will need to be examined further.

Actually, this is a good site:
http://www.fascrs.org/patients/conditio ... formation/
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16