Wheatgrass!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Wheatgrass!

Postby butthurt2013 » 15 Nov 2013, 14:17

Ok I'm starting to feel really really positive and good about everything. The scar was hard to locate today. It is almost gone. I'm a different person today.

I had a BM this morning, usual ritual (see above) but (gross content ahead) I noticed that the stool consisted of my dinner (salad bar) from lastnight! Without getting too deep into how I know this(eat some corn or peas and remember when you did), I've always had a minimum of 36-48 hours digestion time. My digestion time is down to 14 hours!! My digestive tract is a waterslide, and it feels really good.
I am starting to feel a general wellness I haven't ever felt before. Less back pain (common for me daily), no acidic stomach or stools in spite of consuming alcohol and fast food in the last week, I'm alert and bright. My skin is tight and clear, my pores are shrinking, and no dry skin at all, which is very normal for me in the colder months. There is a much longer laundry list of things I am feeling that are better, but you get the idea.

It can only be one of two things. Cutting out gluten or introducing wheatgrass powder. But I never had any dramatic effect like this when I cut out gluten before. I suppose it could be the combination of both as well, but I am really thinking it is the wheatgrass. I just don't think I've ever felt this good inside in 42 years...

If it keeps going like this I'll get this thread moved to success stories, but I won't get that far ahead of myself yet.
Feeling great today, owe it to the grass as far as I can tell. Try it!
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby pinpin » 15 Nov 2013, 14:39

Haha, great avatar butthurt! Interesting to see a progress on wheatgrass. Didn't know it is in powder, saw information only about ointment, and feedbacks like it didn't really help.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby butthurt2013 » 15 Nov 2013, 15:26

igrik1986 wrote:Haha, great avatar butthurt! Interesting to see a progress on wheatgrass. Didn't know it is in powder, saw information only about ointment, and feedbacks like it didn't really help.

I am continuing to use the ointment every day, but I feel so wholly different from the inside out, I can't necessarily attribute the healing to the cream., but I can't count it out either.

Wheatgrass powder is widely available in nutrition stores like GNC, and I'm pretty sure it is in the supplement/organic/hippie section of grocery stores too. The tub was 35 bucks, looks like it will last me a month or more. I'm looking at laying in a year's supply at costco or online somewhere for a bulk discount. I'm trying to get my wife on it too. I had to stop myself this morning from going off too hard about how good I feel, I started sounding like Tony Robbins or something lol...

I feel positively alkaline. :cheers:

And thanks for noticing the avatar, I was wondering if maybe I had gone too far... :rofl:
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Postby butthurt2013 » 18 Nov 2013, 12:39

3 days later, sorry I haven't checked in. there's a good reason why though. I generally do my AF support forum stuff when I'm laying in bed post-BM, during the pain time. However, I haven't had any pain at all in 3 days! I'm still taking wheatgrass powder every day and I feel a million times better in every way. I'm also still using the cream, but only once a day post-BM. The scar doesn't feel like a scar anymore, just a smooth little bump without the jagged edges or sandpaper feel it used to have. I'm healing down there, and experiencing a general wellness I haven't felt since I was an athlete in high school. I feel like I'm peeing and sweating distilled water. I am clean on the inside. I think I'll be taking wheatgrass powder for the rest of my life, happily.

If there's even a chance this might work for you please try it, it has pretty much changed my life for the better.

Edit: This was from yesterday, forgot to hit submit.
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Postby butthurt2013 » 18 Nov 2013, 12:51

Wheatgrass Powder, Day 10.

Monster poop, no pain during or after. Nice and soft, without stool softeners (I keep forgetting to take them). And I'm down to 1 application of the wheatgrass cream a day, not even sure if it's helping TBH. I know the powder is, I'm burning fat like a machine, and I feel better inside and out than ever. It's a freakin miracle as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'm gonna start a cult or something, it's too good to be true on that level...

Someone else please try it for a week or two and let me know how it goes, I'd love to know if this helps other people.
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Postby rio » 18 Nov 2013, 15:34

I am takng the poder for three days now. I had some headache and flu like simptoms (feels like so called detox simptoms) and some sore throat today. My fissure still hurts a lot and has not improved yet, but I intend to continue with wheatgrass - I love green food. I noticed I have less stomach pain (I have constant mild gastritis and some stomach bruises and I hope I am not mistaken but I feel improvement in stomach).
Buthurt you are so energetic and I am glad you are doing well. I will post about my wheatgrass expierience.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby butthurt2013 » 18 Nov 2013, 16:51

rio wrote:I am takng the poder for three days now. I had some headache and flu like simptoms (feels like so called detox simptoms) and some sore throat today. My fissure still hurts a lot and has not improved yet, but I intend to continue with wheatgrass - I love green food. I noticed I have less stomach pain (I have constant mild gastritis and some stomach bruises and I hope I am not mistaken but I feel improvement in stomach).
Buthurt you are so energetic and I am glad you are doing well. I will post about my wheatgrass expierience.

I am sorry for your pain, and I can relate. I convinced my wife to start the powder to help her with a few separate issues, and after 2 days, she is bedridden with food poisoning-like symptoms, sever cramps and vomiting. These symptoms would seem to be the result of some sort of "toxic release". I've had similar responses to other cleanses, and come out feeling shiny and new after. I hope this is the case for her.
I believe this was less profound for me as I already consume large amounts of vegetables every day, including raw spinach, and I exercise more than my wife, she has been too busy taking care of me and my fissure, along with working and the kids...more fallout from this awful problem, but I do see an end.

Thanks for posting, I hope you have success!
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Postby butthurt2013 » 19 Nov 2013, 14:47

Minor setback pain-wise today, maybe a 3 out of 10. This is mainly due to my inability to control myself around certain foods and beer. No discipline. I crave gluten, and feel deprived (apparently physically and mentally) when I go for stretches without it. My night to cook- Spaghetti. I have to cook a meal for my poor sick wife and 2 brats (only when it comes to food, they are pretty awesome kids) THAT I CAN'T EVEN EAT. Being GF this happens a lot, and usually I deal with it well. I eat a different dinner than my family a lot of the time, but usually my dinner tastes better than theirs so I don't mind. This pot of spaghetti was a masterpiece though, and after a few beers (gluten free, but alcohol is a bad deal too) I couldn't resist leftover spaghetti.
For me gluten is a 2-pronged red hot poker in the butt. Gluten apparently contributes heavily to inflammation in all areas of the body. And of course it gums up the works with sticky clay poop, really bad for downtown.
That being said, I am still sitting at my desk today, not laying on my stomach groaning. But there's a lesson here for me, pay attention to your body and think about the future.
I'm really addicted to the idea of being healed more than anything, so I'm going to redouble my efforts in the wellness area. Probably starting with returning to Bikram Yoga, which I find to be a very healthy exercise.
Oh yeah, and no more spaghetti. Grr.
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 19 Nov 2013, 15:18

I have to say, Butthurt, when I read "pretty awesome kids THAT I CAN'T EVEN EAT", I did get the wrong idea for a couple of seconds.

So, I'm sorry you were laid low by the dreaded spaghetti. I can relate, having munched on quinoa while my children scarfed up their spaghetti last night. I like quinoa, but this was the third day in a row.

I like the idea of being addicted to healing. Good image. Good luck with the healing, friend.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby butthurt2013 » 19 Nov 2013, 21:47

Scientist2516 wrote:I have to say, Butthurt, when I read "pretty awesome kids THAT I CAN'T EVEN EAT", I did get the wrong idea for a couple of seconds.

So, I'm sorry you were laid low by the dreaded spaghetti. I can relate, having munched on quinoa while my children scarfed up their spaghetti last night. I like quinoa, but this was the third day in a row.

I like the idea of being addicted to healing. Good image. Good luck with the healing, friend.

Haha I only want to eat the kids sometimes, but then I remember I have cut most red meat out of my diet so I can heal...they live on...for the time being. :rofl:

And yeah I really like fish and rice and veggies but damn it gets old after 3 nights in a row, like quinoa. :thawack:

On a side note it's night time now, stayed on track today diet wise, back to pain free status for now.
butthurt2013
Salt Bather