Wheatgrass!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Wheatgrass!

Postby rio » 20 Nov 2013, 04:01

:cry: :oops: Something went wrong and I posted same text 4 times. I try to delete 3 excess posts, but I just managed to delete the text. Please,just ignore this, (or can you teach me to delete complete post).
Last edited by rio on 20 Nov 2013, 04:17, edited 3 times in total.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby rio » 20 Nov 2013, 04:01

I can understand your cravings for spaghetti , bread, pizza... I was there myself. I remember the first 14 or more days struggling to stay gluten free, I was so frustrated an nervous I wanted to bite like a mad dog. But I managed to stay strictly off and cravings subsided after a while to the point that bread now tastes odd to me. They say that something in wheat grains works similar to opiates and one have to break the addiction first.
I sometimes, when I want to eat pasta, use corn pasta or some other gluten free product. I love gluten free pasta with cabbage. I take some leek or finely chopped onion, stir fry it with some oil for a minute or two, then add shredded chinese cabbage (white cabbage makes it very tasty too if you find mild variety suitable for salads) salt, some powdered ginger and a pinch of brown sugar (to taste) and stir fry it until it is tender to bite, which takes usually only few minutes. At the very end of frying some garlic can be added and/or some tamari soy sauce (make sure it is gluten free variety) and mix it all together with pre coocked pasta.
I am sorry your wife is still ill, you mentioned sikcness after wheatgrass , hope she will be better soon. I have a nasty cold myself with very sore throat, could not sleep all night, in addition to all the odds, and I am off the wheatgrass powder for a while, because of painful swallowing.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Postby butthurt2013 » 21 Nov 2013, 19:41

rio wrote:I can understand your cravings for spaghetti , bread, pizza... I was there myself. I remember the first 14 or more days struggling to stay gluten free, I was so frustrated an nervous I wanted to bite like a mad dog. But I managed to stay strictly off and cravings subsided after a while to the point that bread now tastes odd to me. They say that something in wheat grains works similar to opiates and one have to break the addiction first.
I sometimes, when I want to eat pasta, use corn pasta or some other gluten free product. I love gluten free pasta with cabbage. I take some leek or finely chopped onion, stir fry it with some oil for a minute or two, then add shredded chinese cabbage (white cabbage makes it very tasty too if you find mild variety suitable for salads) salt, some powdered ginger and a pinch of brown sugar (to taste) and stir fry it until it is tender to bite, which takes usually only few minutes. At the very end of frying some garlic can be added and/or some tamari soy sauce (make sure it is gluten free variety) and mix it all together with pre coocked pasta.
I am sorry your wife is still ill, you mentioned sikcness after wheatgrass , hope she will be better soon. I have a nasty cold myself with very sore throat, could not sleep all night, in addition to all the odds, and I am off the wheatgrass powder for a while, because of painful swallowing.

There is still a bunch of leftover spaghetti in the fridge I have to look at every time I go in there for some yogurt or celery or whatever other mostly-air-and-water foods I sustain myself on. Every night my 15-year-old asks for pizza or to go out to eat somewhere I would LOVE to go eat, and I either say no or my wife takes him out and I eat more air at home. It has not been an easy year. Thanksgiving last year is when I first ripped open, I'm hating the idea of going through the holidays denying myself the comforts I've grown used to...grr. :~!@:
In 2012/13 I've lost and kept off 80 pounds that I didn't need (sympathetic pregnancy/baby weight, believe it or not) . I am very close to my high school graduation weight/appearance (less hair lol). The foods I eat are definitely responsible for some of the weight loss, so I hang on to that when I'm getting weak. I've basically had to become far more vain than I've ever been in my life, using my personal appearance as a motivator. I'm not even going to go into what that entails, but it's kinda like a Rocky movie (3 or later, the bad ones). :rofl:

Anyway, a bit of pain today, but I'm starting to think that this is hem pain and not fissure, there's not much left in the way of scar tissue, not much left that I can detect. I'm still believing in the wheatgrass powder for sure.

My wife has made a full recovery, and started up on the wheatgrass without prompting from me. Apparently wellness is contagious. 8)
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby butthurt2013 » 22 Nov 2013, 13:09

Big, bad, nuclear BM today. One not-so-pleasant side effect of the wheatgrass is that with each BM, it seems to be scrubbing me out, removing more and more yucky stuff. BM's are big and tarry, and harder to clean up. But there is no burning like normal in this situation. It's like the wheatgrass is making me alkaline from the inside out.
In spite of the size and consistency, no rip, very little pain, and a smaller scar yet again!
Still committed to healing this way, seems to be working. :%_+:
butthurt2013
Salt Bather

Topics: 4