BM blockage, extreme pain, panic and fear

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

BM blockage, extreme pain, panic and fear

Postby Leather Rabbit » 21 Nov 2013, 03:11

Salutations. I'm a bit new to this, and although I feel as though I should be more mature about it, it's quite embarrassing for me to discuss these things openly. The past few days, I've been experiencing a range of symptoms including:

Blockage (sometimes I am not able to have a BM at all)
Abdominal pressure
When I AM able to have a BM, it is very watery and painful

These were mild symptoms. In the last twelve hours, I have accumulated more:

Extreme (stabbing) pain when attempting a BM (feels like glass or razor blades)
complete inability to have BM
Extreme amounts of pressure around the anus
dizziness (almost always vertigo upon standing)
nausea
fever (don't know if the nausea, vertigo and fever are related in any way)
Anal bleeding (most recent attempt)

I don't really know what to do, but the pain is bad enough that I am sweating profusely and have been brought to tears every time I attempt a BM (I've spent the last 4 hours in the bathroom).

I've never experienced anything like this before, and I'm preparing to go to the emergency room at 3:11 AM. I don't know what else to do. I don't really know why I posted this, just needed somewhere to rant/vent, I suppose.
Leather Rabbit

Topics: 1

Re: BM blockage, extreme pain, panic and fear

Postby rio » 21 Nov 2013, 05:10

Hello Leather Rabbit! I am sorry to hear about your troubles. From the amount and type of pain you describe it looks it is something wrong with the anal canal, which is very sensitive and even a small wound on it can cause enormous pain and spasms can "close" you, so you have difficulties to make a BM and feel all the pressure. AF comes often with hemmorhoids. It is the best to go to the doctor to check out what is going on. Before I was diagnosed I went to the ER twice and they made abdominal ultrasound, blood check and they did not find the cause, because my pain was radiating from lower rectum all around my lower abdomen (and my fissure is only few millimeters). I can remember similar feeling of dizziness sometimes. It is very important to calm yourself. I remember I was so worried and confused and I got several panic attacks before I was diagnosed, which made things much worse. It is considered a benign condition and will improve. If your fissure is acute it will heal in few weeks. Good luck with the doctors.
Disabling burning, drilling pain in anal area for almost a year, started after UT infection. Small anal fissure diagnosed, turned out it is probably not the cause of pain, MRI shows no inflammation or fistula. Grateful to forum members for support.
rio
VIP

Topics: 12

Re: BM blockage, extreme pain, panic and fear

Postby owmybum » 21 Nov 2013, 13:30

Hi leather rabbit....... You have probably been to the ER by now.... But I just wanted to lend you my support.
It sounds like you are having severe spasms, which in turn is causing all the pain.
Your dizziness and fever may just be a physical sign of the stress you are under right now, having to deal with all this need to go, can't go, severe pain etc.... Or you could well have some sort of infection, such as an anal abcess.
You are doing the absolute right thing in getting yourself checked out by a proper medical professional.
All the best

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !