Life after fissure healing

Will i one day have a normal life?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Life after fissure healing

Postby FissureHome » 07 Dec 2013, 08:30

SweetBettyBlue, LOL she sure did! im 29 so were in the same boat! That what i didnt like about my doctor didnt really tell me much like to take it easy or anything.. the first week i squated down and re ripped then 2 week bent over reripped called and my CRS was like yea sound like you need surgery..then 2 week later went for the follow up told him i was feeling alot better and CRS said i was looking better but he re ripped and stated i still think your gonna need surgery..Just felt like he was really trying to sell the surgery which rubbed me the wrong way although he was much nicer and spent time talking to me that second time..Anyhow i will definately keep in touch and let you know what i decide and how things are going..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Bettyblue » 08 Dec 2013, 07:06

Thanks, superfissure!

P.s. By the way thanks a lot for the tip you gave about the wine to Fredinpain. I never have thought about it! I am going to try it, sound very logic to me. If it works you would have saved me big time for social events, especially now in Christmas time. Of course without going overboard!
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Shaun » 08 Dec 2013, 08:00

Hi, i had a surgery 4 years before for anal fissure. It was completely fine till now except 2-3 months before i re-teared it at the gym. I went to gym after having a bowel movement which i made a mistake. Now i have a same old problem that whenever i have a bowel movement its little painful and some blood comes. I started using coconut oil because i heard from so many people it helps. It really helps but if you have hard stool it doesn't. Anyways i was just out of country and over there i used a full squat flush once or twice. I felt much better because it wasn't painful and i never saw any blood. Now i am back to my place and when i am using regular flush it's more painful. I have a full squat flush too at my home but i don't know if i should be using that. If anyone can help me with this issue i will really appreciate it. Thanks
Shaun

Topics: 1

Postby Bettyblue » 08 Dec 2013, 09:36

Shaun, welcome :wel: and sorry for what is happening to you right now.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU RE-TEARED IT? I thought after a LIS, if it was done correctly , it is almost impossible to have another fissure, or re-tear( that is what my CRS told me). Have you been having problems post LIS? Or your life changed for better? I am agonizing with the idea of LIS. Because even I manage to heal my fissure. I still have problems with it. What is a full squat flush? a stool softener? Maybe you should use Miralax. Miralax is a mild laxative. Not habit forming and is not absorbed by the body. I think at the state you are now you should keep your BMs soft. I can not help you more because I don't have a LIS, but there is a section in the forum dedicated only to people who have had LIS. Maybe they can help you better. I hope I could have been able to help you some how. And could you please tell me about your life Post-LIS. Thanks!
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 08 Dec 2013, 17:04

Betty blue, i thought of a couple questions i wanted to ask you? be4 you were healed were you having trouble sitting (even laying its hard to get comfotable in any position without feeling some discomfort and having to keep shifting my weight back and forth and in diff positions)and walking? like if i walk to fast or too much i start feeling irrated..did you use dialtiziam? if so how many months? and how did you know when your were healed? like what made you say ok im healed now!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Shaun » 09 Dec 2013, 05:46

Betty Blue thanks for your reply. After LIS it was perfect for 4 years for me, even when i had hard stool sometimes it use to get swell over there but it was fine. Now after 4 years it has started again. I haven't went to the doctor yet but same thing as before is happening now. I feel pain again when having a bowel movement and can see blood too when i wipe it. My doctor said its almost impossible to have it after surgery but sometimes it comes back. Like for me it happened when i went to gym and stretched right after having bowel movement. Its been 4 years and i thought it would never come back. And for the full squat flush i attached a picture what i meant by it. Its like sitting in toilet in a full squat position and having a bowel movement. I used it for one week and i literally had no pain. Now i just need to ask the doctor is it ok to use this kind of flush or i should be using a regular toilet seat.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (196.37 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
Shaun

Topics: 1

Postby Bettyblue » 09 Dec 2013, 06:41

Fissurehome, I had to deal with an unbearable pain in my tail bone, it was awful. :~!@: I couldn't lay in my back in bed, :rofl: I had to do it on my side and like you shift positions frequently. I also had to sleep on my stomach. I couldn't sit for more than 10 minutes so I had to eat standing all the time. I even bought one of those pillows for coccyx pain sufferers( the one with a U shape hole). It didn't help me too much do. Although I could sit for longer periods with that. Traveling and driving were a torture, as well as attending meetings. So I finally had to take a vacation to deal with that, because it was affecting my work. :verysad: I had also anal spasms so walking was a little difficult. All I wanted was to lay in bed the whole day. :cry: Anal irritation was always present, even this days, I haven't Been able to get rid of the anal irritation. It is always there. That's why I had to gave up my spinning classes. I can not stand to ride in a bike. I didn't use Dialtizam. I used Rectogecic for about 2 weeks. The recovery was slow. First my spasms went away ( I was so relived). Then the pain with BMs started to disappear. The coccyx pain took a long time to heal do, it got better and better of course. But it didn't disappear completely until the end of July (it started in March). So I considered myself cured when I didn't have any kind of pain. And that was in the beginning of August. :bouncer:
How are you feeling these days do you feel is getting better? I mean your BMs. Are they less painful now? I suspect that the coccyx pain will take longer to get better, because it has to do with the fissure. When your fissure will start to get better, your coccyx pain will do too.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Bettyblue » 09 Dec 2013, 07:10

Now I know what you mean Shaun! Sorry. I have read a lot of articles about having BMs in a squating position. Its suppose to be very good for you. I even read than in Asia and the Middle East they use this position to have a BM and they have a very low incidence of anal fissures. When I had my fissure I tried to do my BMs in a squatting position, but with my toilette it was a little dficult. :kittylaugh: I don't really think if you use it will be bad for you. I think maybe will be better. You didn't have pain when you used so I will give it a try while you can see your doctor. But then again I am not a CRS.
I am so sorry that your fissure came back. But maybe because you already had the LIS it will be easy to heal this time? I hope so. Wishing you all the best. Let me know how every thing went and thanks for the picture! :D
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby FissureHome » 11 Dec 2013, 13:51

Hey Bettyblue, Alot of my tailbone pain has actually gone away its still there a little but when i lay on my back it actually hurts more near the fissure rather than the coccyx. My BM have never been too bad(like a 1-2 out of 10) its always been more of everything else that bothers me more like walking, sitting, laying down, driving... You know basically my whole life. I cant figure this thing out. Ive had a couple good days in a row i feel like i may be getting better little by little but no where near normal. Now today when i was applying my dialtiazem i noticed a pea sized lump just inside my anus. Ive also been experiencing some itching around the hole and in my groin area. I dont know if the cream could be irritating me or what. Do you have any idea what that could be? The bump doesnt hurt but man im so sick of all this and sick of worrying.. :(
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bettyblue » 11 Dec 2013, 14:05

Sorry, I know this thing sucks. I have been feeling no so good lately. I decided to go out with some friends and didn't behave good :naughty: . Some drinking, and not very healthy eating, and now I am so irritated down there and my fissure is bothering me a lot since yesterday. I have some pain today. It is not very bad, bat is a pain non the less. I HATE THIS THING AGHHHH!

P.S I answer your post question already. I don't think you have to worry. But better check with your doctor.
Bettyblue
VIP