Someone please talk to me.

Fissurectomy/possible sphincterotomy scheduled

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Someone please talk to me.

Postby Scared21yearold » 12 Jan 2014, 14:47

Hi froberso, it's been 4 weeks and 2 days since my surgery. My first follow-up appointment after 1 week went well and my surgeon said everything looks good. I have my second follow-up this Thursday. So far, I have had no pain from the surgery. I would say that after 6 days post op, I finally started to feel better. The only thing that has been troubling me is that I still have slight leakage after a BM...even after 4 weeks post op. my surgeon said during the first follow up that it will clear up within a month or two, but I'll hopefully have more answers on this this upcoming Thursday to ease my mind. I have had no incontinence to gas, but I do have very slight mucus discharge with fecal residue that pops up. I've been putting gauze in the area though. Other than that issue, I've been feeling great and have been keeping a high fiber diet regime/drinking lots of water regardless. I think the psychological effects of dealing with this for so long can be worse than the pain of the actual fissure. It's going to take some time for me to not worry about using the bathroom but it'll get better. I'm hoping ill be 100% without any issues of leakage in another month or so. When it stops, I'll be the happiest ever. Hoping and praying things improve soon! Good luck to you!
Scared21yearold
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Someone please talk to me.

Postby salamon555 » 13 Aug 2015, 18:33

hi scared how you doing ? are you fully healed ? any updates ?
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7