New to Forum, AF is getting annoying!

Advise on LIS, managing constipation etc.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to Forum, AF is getting annoying!

Postby Vault_Dweller » 19 Dec 2013, 15:37

Hi,

I'm new to the forum (finally registered after reading stories) and my situation is as follows; I started suffering from AF back in 2011, I had no idea what it was and as many other I thought it was Rroids. After visiting my Gastro he decided to perform a colonoscopy to confirm it wasn't rroids and in fact I had a AF. He said it was very small, and nothing to worry about as long as I change my diet, increase water and fiber intake, exercise and keep a steady and healthy life. At the time, I started taking some fiber supplements since it's really hard for a full time worker and dad to be able to prepare meals high in fiber that the whole family can eat. The trick did seem to help at the time.

After a couple of months, life-changing situations made my stress levels rise up a lot, I got constipated (effects of being stressed on me) so my AF came back REALLY BAD, this time, it seemed like something else was bothering me. I went back to a strict diet, fiber supplements and doubling the water intake but the pain sometimes was extremely bad. After a while, the pain stopped, and the bleeding went to zero in about a month.

in 2013 another life-changing event occurred (moved thousands of miles away, new job, new life, etc) my stress levels seem to have taken another chance to revive my constipation and my AF. Now this time, I have done some research about all of this, and it seems like my rear end is way too tight and in combination of the hard/dry stools I can that's the culprit of the recurring AF. At this point of my life I'm stressed all the time due to career, family, etc so I feel like my constipation is always present and the only thing that helps maintain my stools soft and moist is a tea from Yogi (Get Regular) which I've been taking but it says that it can't be taken for too long. Even then, the second BM of the day usually makes my bum feel like burn and there might be a very tiny spot of blood which means the AF is not healing.

I've read about Chronic Idiopathic Constipation, and I wonder if I have that...anyways I have several problems here and is driving me crazy! I'm seeing my CRS on the 30th I guess to talk about the LIS, Im scared of a surgery down there!
Vault_Dweller
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New to Forum, AF is getting annoying!

Postby FissureHome » 22 Dec 2013, 08:54

Hey vault? did you see your CrS? whats the news?
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Vault_Dweller » 22 Dec 2013, 10:45

Hi FissureHome,

My appointment is on the 30th. Hopefully he can tell me if I'm a good candidate for LIS or not. Im at the point that I'm scared to have a BM, and when I do, it hurts and the amount of blood is unbelievable. The pain stops as soon as I'm done, then about 2-3 hours later, a pain starts that makes seating unbearable and it won't stop until late evening. I have noticed that the pain intensifies just before gas passes by, as the area expands is something. I can feel my heartbeat down there.

The only that is working for me right now to make my stools moist and bulky is a physillium husk from gnc, all the other stuff that helps me the label says I can't take it for more that x amount of days... :-( I'm desperate!!!!!!
Vault_Dweller
Fibre Addict

Postby FissureHome » 22 Dec 2013, 16:42

Man thats sounds rough! i cant sit either ive had for alost 3 months now..no blood tho and BM aret so bad..its mostly sitting and sometimes walking but its driving me insane if i cant sit comfortably by the 1st im goonna strongly consider the LIS..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Vault_Dweller » 31 Dec 2013, 11:41

I had my appointment yesterday with my CRS, and he gave me the Nitro ointment again. He said my fissure is not long, but very deep and the pain after the BM's that lasts for hours is the spasm of the sphincter which is not a surprise for me.

He will schedule my LIS for early February but to be honest it was my decision to go for it, not because he wanted to do it. I will start using the Nitro hoping that the fissure will get better by the surgery so I will only have to deal with the pain of the surgery incision itself and nothing else.
Vault_Dweller
Fibre Addict

Postby FissureHome » 31 Dec 2013, 14:03

wow..hey vault congrats for taking the leap..hope eveything works out for you..Keep in touch!
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Vault_Dweller » 02 Jan 2014, 11:07

Thanks! I will def keep in touch.
Vault_Dweller
Fibre Addict

Postby Vault_Dweller » 19 Feb 2014, 10:10

Update - I was scheduled for my LIS yesterday...but it had to be cancelled due to work schedules and deadlines :-(

After my visit on December 30 2013, it took a good week of MiraLax twice a day, benefiber with each meal, and sitz bath after every BM in order to heal the fissure. It work very well this time, after 2 weeks I stopped using the MiraLax and only did the Benefiber which has been helping me.

I'm pain-free, but I still need to watch what I eat, otherwise I know the relapse will be imminent. The past few days I have seen tiny spots of blood in the tissue, but again, I have been on the run and not eating very healthy, so I will go back to MiraLax for a week or so to make myself soft again. I hope it doesn't keep getting worse. My last episode I thought literally I was going to die from the pain.

Still debating when would be a good time to have the surgery, it seems like things @ work will never settle so I might have to break through and do it! :-s

I still wonder, what is the % of relapse after LIS? Anyone knows?
Vault_Dweller
Fibre Addict

Postby FissureHome » 20 Feb 2014, 16:37

Vault..i take a colace at lunch and magnesium pill with dinner and my bowels are always soft religiously..sometimes too soft..
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby FissureHome » 20 Feb 2014, 16:37

been doin it for 4 months with good consistent results
FissureHome
Proctosphincteranalogist