Healed but going for LIS

Scared but....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Healed but going for LIS

Postby Bettyblue » 13 Jan 2014, 13:13

My problems started more than one year ago in 2012. I got a fissure that was misdiagnosed as an hemorrhoid. After months of suffering finally a CRS got it right. That was in March 2013. With the help of nitro, Miralax, diet and tons of water. The fissure got completely healed ( meaning no pain at all) in August 2013. From August to December things went relatively well, I got rid of the Miralax, but I Had to be super strict with my diet, otherwise my fissure started to get irritated and a dull pain will set at the minimum change in my BMs consistence. That was super stressful for me due to my type of work and my life style - I am only 30- I was constantly terrified of re-tearing so as a result my social life got affected. I became almost like a monk, avoiding situations where alcohol or not very healthy food were present. In December I decided to become less strict and enjoy some freedom since my fissure was not bothering me at all. One night I went for drinks and some tapas with friends and Bang! The next day I felt the little pinch during my BM and After that I got pain and a spasm. It was not as bad as before but I had to start yet again the Miralax and the nitro. It got healed again. But I couldn't continue like this. I was not healthy for me and it was not good at all that my job also got affected because of this. So I decided after a lot of thinking to go for the LIS. I think I did everything I could to avoid the surgery, but it just was not working for me. My surgery will be on the 15th. I am a little nervous and scared but I hope every thing goes well. I will be posting now in the LIS forum. Thanks to everybody in this forum for all the kind advise.
Bettyblue
VIP

Topics: 7

Re: Healed but going for LIS

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Jan 2014, 13:22

Hi Betty,
Is your fissure area healed then? I think I have the same issue as you. After my CRS visit today I am so confused... My CRS cannot see any tears although I keep going through a cycle of bad pain then varying degrees of pain... I can't see how I am healed fully. My life revolves around BM, what to eat and the size of BM. I avoid all alcohol and junk food. I am sore all of the time. Now I told him today it has taken over my life... He has referred me to another surgeon.... Sigh
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Bettyblue » 13 Jan 2014, 16:39

Rachel, are you recently healed? I ask you this because officially I was declared healed in May 2012, but it took me 3 months to don't have any kind of pain. From May until August I was like you, feeling different grades of pain here and there. Besides I had this horrible tail bone pain that didn't disappear until August. I think it takes time for the fissure and the surrounded area to really heal completely. It is a slow process. You have to be patient. I totally understand you when you say that your life revolves around your BMs and what you eat. It has been the same for me for more than a year. I just can't continue like that. That's what I decided to go for the LIS. Be patient. Give your fissure time to heal completely. Good luck. And let me know how you continue doing.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Mommaof1 » 13 Jan 2014, 19:36

I am so glad you posted this. I have been 3 months of no pain but only because I am on miralax every day. If I miss one or two days, im back to square one. I was contemplating having LIS anyways. Im eager to see how you do!
Mommaof1
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Bettyblue » 14 Jan 2014, 15:00

Hi mommaof1, I will post tomorrow in the LIS forum. I will have my LIS at 10 am. I am very scared now. The CRS didn't give any importance to incontinence but more to infection( I have not thought about that one :groan: ). Hope every thing goes well.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby Rachael 1984 » 14 Jan 2014, 15:18

Good Luck BB,
I hope all goes well for you and you can finally get your life back! I have had Botox back in April, and I was good for a few months, last CRS visit in sept I had a new Fissure according to CRS... Then yesterday he said my Anus was almost normal. I am still having pain and real irritation. I think I am in a cycle of retear, part heal ....... I just want to be able to get on with things without worrying about my bum! Good luck again tomorrow, I am rooting for you! Xxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Superfissure » 14 Jan 2014, 16:08

Good luck Betty.
Is infection really a serious possibility? Given that we have fissures, some which bleed and can also get infected, I'd be surprised if the risks were much higher with the op than living with a long term bleeding fissure.
Will be good to read of your experience including post-op healing progress.

Rachael I've just managed I hope to get out of the retear phase. I've been going throughthat since August and hoping I'm now out of that phase but still have good and bad days
Superfissure
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Bettyblue » 14 Jan 2014, 17:56

Thanks Rachel, thanks superfissure for your good wishes.
Superfissure, I am glad you are doing much better. You are right the risk is maybe not that big. But my CRS went on and on about infection, abscess and fistula. :roll: And I guess I got very nervous. Oh well... I can not change any thing now. My LIS is tomorrow better go to sleep and rest. Thanks again guys.
Bettyblue
VIP

Postby owmybum » 15 Jan 2014, 12:33

Good luck Betty

Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Bettyblue » 15 Jan 2014, 16:26

OMB thanks, I had the LIS already. Every thing went fine. I feel great no pain at all at least for today.
Bettyblue
VIP