Recommendation for Lack of Sleep?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Recommendation for Lack of Sleep?

Postby ketsugaitai » 26 Feb 2014, 12:40

Hi,

I've frequented this board a bit when I first developed fissure pain in Oct. 2013, but never posted. Since October, I've seen a Gastroenterologist and have been prescribed Nifedipine-Lidocaine compound. I eventually healed and pretty much had little to no pain throughout January and most of February. I only bled once during the initial bowel movement that caused the pain, and havent bled since.

However, a recent stressful even has caused me to relapse, albeit slightly. Now it's not so much pain, more than it's muscle irritation, I guess? I can touch the fissure to apply the ointment and I feel no pain during bowel movements, but it's as if there's this minor irritation to the area in the background.

This has been causing a lack of sleep when it persists into the night. Some nights I can get away with trying sleeping pills, but it doesn't always work. Any suggestions for dealing with pain while trying to sleep?
ketsugaitai

Topics: 3

Re: Recommendation for Lack of Sleep?

Postby ButtQueen » 27 Feb 2014, 02:11

Hi ketsugaitai (what does this mean, anyway? :) )! Hope you are doing well today. That irritation should raise alarms for you. Get back to that fissure-friendly diet and whatever it takes to keep your stools soft.

Having said that, try some conventional insomnia tricks. Watch a good movie before going to bed, read a good book while in your bed, have a warm glass of milk prior to going to bed and take a walk outside. Another good option is to schedule your BM for the early morning. The earlier you have your BM in the day, the earlier you will be rid of that irritation/pain and would be able to have peaceful sleep at night. These AFs can really take a toll on us with the attached stress. So attack the stress on all fronts with the techniques I mentioned above.
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: Recommendation for Lack of Sleep?

Postby guest1 » 01 Mar 2014, 12:07

I agree with Buttqueen that you need to address fist the symptom -irritation/pain.
I take this homeopathic tincture to help me to sleep-Pasconal: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/437693657506847113/
It also helped me to be calmer during the day
Hope this is helpful. feel better!
guest1
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion