Fissure, I Think & Contributing Factors

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure, I Think & Contributing Factors

Postby ec1957 » 02 Mar 2014, 14:19

All

Have what I think are two anal fissures, 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock, external, radiating out from the anus. They do not look too much like pictures I have seen in the sense that they are not deep, but probably a qtr inch long, looks more like skin got rubbed raw in a line, and then generally red around the line and slightly puffy / raised. Not sure if this sounds familiar to anyone else. Tried the usual, nitro, Vaseline, antibiotic cream, etc, etc.

Have been going on now for about 5 months, won't seem to heal. However, no spasms, no pain during BM, just itching like nuts and stinging sometimes with baby wipes, etc. What is weird is for like 5 years, every so often I would get the spasm that people might be talking about, literally felt like anus muscle would self clinch so tight I thought I would die, but literally for like 5 seconds, then would go away and would not feel that again for 2 months, never thought to seconds about it. But still a serious bummer and impact on general attitude, etc.

Think I got them during a bought of not enough water and was not taking my psllium husk pills as I normally do, remember having a BM and red blood in the toilet one day. I am a very heavy lifter, do dead llifts of 350 pounds, 10 reps, 5 sets and then was doing 80 pound kettlebell swings, 40 reps, 3 sets. I'm 40, I am actually thinking the kettlebell swings might have contributed to building muscle tension in my lower region and now I have a blood flow issue, hence no healing. I am super bummed about this because I love working out, and I have stopped all of it now because of this issue. Got an appointment with a Col Surgeon in a week, want to look at LIS surgery, while this is my far not life threatening, it's put a cloud over everything I do; worried that even if LIS surgery works, do I walk away from lifting like I used to because it will just tighten everything up again.

Well, any input or insight from anyone let me know, you all take care.
ec1957

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure, I Think & Contributing Factors

Postby ButtQueen » 03 Mar 2014, 23:37

Hi ec1957, welcome to the forum! :wel:

You seem to be at a similar stage that I was around 9 months ago. I wish I had taken the real measures to deal with this situation and I wouldn't have gotten the real AF that I got 4 months ago. 9 months ago I used to get itching and stinging feeling after BM that would sometimes last for hours, and sometimes vanish after just 5 minutes. Sometimes this itchy feeling would not return for weeks to the point that I would forget about it. I used to attribute it to the spices that I was eating at that time. I am a spice lover. I used to get zero spasms and zero pain. Good old days!!!!

Anyway, my point is: deal with asap! Why are you considering surgery? Surgery should be your last resort when all else fails. I don't think your crs will recommend surgery with a minor issue such as yours. Yours can go away with simple diet and lifestyle changes. Do whatever it takes to keep yourself regular and your BMs soft. DO NOT STRAIN. I wouldn't have gotten my AF if I had not strained at the toilet. Good luck!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9