Happy Thanksgiving!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby juney » 21 Nov 2007, 10:40

I just wanted to wish everyone in the US a happy Thanksgiving! I'm definitely looking forward to a long weekend of rest, relaxing, and hot baths :D
So what is everyone planning to eat for the holiday?? Any special fissure-friendly dishes? It's going to be so hard to resist all my favorite holiday foods, but I don't want to suffer the consequences the next day...especially now that I feel like i'm finally making some progress. Maybe I should just eat to my heart's content and take some MOM to make sure everything comes out smooth?? What's everyone else's plan?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby juney » 21 Nov 2007, 10:40

By the way, when did i become a VIP?? awww yay!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Nov 2007, 10:56

You have always been a VIP, Juney! We just decided it was time the rest of the world knew!
I had my Thanksgiving Sunday, because that was when the whole family was able to be together. I got to eat whatever I wanted, but I still stuck to fruits and veggies.
Now, unless you have just pure junk food on the table, there is no good reason why you can put a few bites of anything that pleases you on your plate and enjoy it. Just leave it in your mouth and savor it longer than you might normally. Moderation is the key!
I would still advise anyone who's fissure is very active and whose pain levels are very high, to just stick with their normal diet. But if you been having a run of average days, then eat a few bites of the goodies....
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 21 Nov 2007, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2007, 10:59

Happy Thanksgiving USA buddies :)

Postby buttgirl » 21 Nov 2007, 11:02

JHappy thanksgiving to you all too. Our table is usually laden with fissure friendly foods. Yams, for one, are always good and smooth and fiberous. then theres the green veggies, the squash and the fruit. And dessert is usually a fruit pie. I'm going to emphasie those and have small bits of turkey and stuffing and do my best not to gorge myself.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2007, 11:07

I just googled thanksgiving (i was unsure which day it actually was) and I now know what black friday is! hehe I was wondering.....
Hope you all have a nice rest and enjoy your families.
We've had some snow here in the UK, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a white christmas :)

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2007, 11:24

:happ3: everyone!

I am going to eat a lot of veggies and dip and bites of my favorite foods, chased with a lot of miralax water!

:thanksgiving:

Postby val » 21 Nov 2007, 13:26

Hi, what is thanksgiving and what is black friday? Is it like Christmas? sorry to be so stupid, I have heard of it but I didn't know what it was!!
I hope you all have a lovely time though!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2007, 13:29

val wrote:Hi, what is thanksgiving and what is black friday? Is it like Christmas? sorry to be so stupid, I have heard of it but I didn't know what it was!!
I hope you all have a lovely time though!

wikipedia gives a good description.
I think it's like our harvest festival, but they have turkey dinner and pumpkin pie and things like that.
Black Friday is when the shops are open longer hours and marks the start of Christmas shopping...I think.
Someone please correct if I'm wrong Image

Postby buttgirl » 21 Nov 2007, 13:36

Black friday is the day when businesses ussually get out of the red and start to make thier profits for the year. out of the red and into the black. In the US, the day after thanksgiving is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year. mobs and mobs and mobs of people pack the shops. Some shops start staying open until midnight or later to encourage more shopping from black Friday until christmas eve.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67