ANAL FISSURE-DILATION-SENTINEL PILE CUT OFF

PAIN INCREASED VERY MUCH -PLS HELP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: ANAL FISSURE-DILATION-SENTINEL PILE CUT OFF

Postby goyalonkar40 » 18 Apr 2014, 12:37

hi skumar,
After surgery, i could see the wound from outside in the mirror (at the site of cutting sentinel pile)...........thats not visible now........but im still feeling very much pain while passing even soft stool. im taking duphalac 15 ml.
was that the case with you? did u feel pain even with the soft stool.
pain is inside not very outside.
does the inner part heal late?
im from punjab,india.
where r u from ?
which surgery had u undergone?
are u alright now even with the hard stools?

thx
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby goyalonkar40 » 19 Apr 2014, 08:47

day before yesterday, i took 4 teaspoons of isabgol (psyllium husk or metamucil) with 1.25 litres of water 45 mins before dinner (as told by doctor), it made my condition worse. yesterday, i had to strain more and today, the stool was of different type, it wouldnt come out easily and i had to strain more causing my fissures to worsen.

i hv read everywhere that psyllium relieves constipation. why didnt it work for me even though i also took so much water with it?
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby MyJourney » 08 Nov 2014, 18:32

12 days ago I had sentinel pile removed and botox into sphincter , The pain is excrusciating after and during a bm.. I have been prescribed naproxen 250g 3x a day which does nothing for the pain but have been told by doc to stay on it so as to benefit from the anti inflammatory relief it will give. debateable !! Went out for a little fresh air as cooped up in flat driving me mad. Every step felt like I was receiving an electric shock in my anal area. Have been told total rest and doing so now but so difficult to get comfortable in any position . Can anyone give me some hope that this improves , and how expected to be off work , already signed off for another 2 weeks. have ordered a sitz bath , cant wait for it to arrive.... do people who use them add any salt to sitz bath water or is it best just plain warm water. Cant thank everyone enough for entries providing very valuabe information that I have read so far .
MyJourney
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 08 Nov 2014, 20:05

:smilyhug: So sorry you are in such pain. Hope you'll feel better soon. Don't add anything to the water, just keep it plain is what is advised. I do not know what I'd do without mine to soak. I also did dilation for some time, and that helped me. Having the sentinel tag removed is, in my opinion, equal to the pain of a hemmie op. Just hang in there, keep your BM's soft and things will be better soon.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby MyJourney » 20 Nov 2014, 20:42

4weeks post surgery for sentinel pile removal and botox still very painful when having bm. Have been prescribed Naproxin for anti inflammatory and pain to be honest it does nothing for apin whatsoever .previously prescribed Tramaset which also gave no relief just a fuzzy head. Along with Naproxin I take paracetamol and find now that an hour or so after bm I am having realy painful spasms that last for hours on end. I am starting to feel depressed as I want to return to work but just don't see enough improvement to be able to do so. I work as a carer with the elderly and its a tough job that consists of being on my feet all day. At present I can barely leave my flat as the pain walking is unbelievable and I just want some hope that things are on the mend. The pain is not as severe may I add as it was the first 2 weeks but still very difficult to sit comfortably at times . I eat a high fibre diet and try to drink plenty fluids and I find taking Movicol x2 sachets at night along with Fibrogel helps keep things soft and easy to pass.
MyJourney
Fibre Addict