ANAL FISSURE-DILATION-SENTINEL PILE CUT OFF

PAIN INCREASED VERY MUCH -PLS HELP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

ANAL FISSURE-DILATION-SENTINEL PILE CUT OFF

Postby goyalonkar40 » 03 Apr 2014, 00:19

hi
yesterday, i had anal dilation for my chronic fissure with sentinel pile cut off. the pain has increased even more. im not sure if this pain comes from fissure or from smwhere else. previously i didnt have to take any painkillers. but now only painkiller pacifies me.
another notable thing is the injections applied to my anus for local anesthisation were extremely extremely piercingly painful. is this normal?
can these injections be causing pain now?
thx. pls suggest.
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: ANAL FISSURE-DILATION-SENTINEL PILE CUT OFF

Postby leanne27 » 03 Apr 2014, 06:48

hello goyalonkar40
so sorry you're in pain but I would imagine this would be expected after the sentinel pile cut off. The local has probably worn off leaving you with more pain. If you are really worried contact your surgeon.

A few years ago I had some sentinel piles removed and the surgeon told me that I would be fine for the day but that tomorrow I would want to kill him!
leanne27
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby skumar » 04 Apr 2014, 05:54

That's correct. I was in pain for 2 days post op and it was sever I can.say that for.sure. it was horrible pain, when I called the ER the doc said that first 36 hours is going to be very painful. So its expected though for some people the pain is mild. I managed the pain with percoset, hot bath,
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby skumar » 04 Apr 2014, 05:57

Sentile pile surgery gives this pain so most of the doc don't do it. Let me know if you have any question. I had lis and 2 sentinel tag removed.
skumar
Salt Bather

Postby goyalonkar40 » 04 Apr 2014, 09:04

hi leanne27 and skumar , thanks for ur reply...pls tell whether the pain goes away or not completely...nd in how many days....what was the method of ur excision of sentinel pile...was it simply removed using scissors etc or any laser or heat cauterisation?
and one more thing which is important is - the fissure site is always vulnerable to trauma by hard stool.....similarly, will the site where the sentinel pile has been cut also be vulnerable to trauma? means firstly, i had pain at the fissure site only...now will i get pain at sentinel pile cutting site also if im constipated ?
pls tell.
my sentinel pile was cut off using agnikarma procedure (thermal cauterisation). doc said it was a bloodless procedure. if we search abt it on internet, we find that pain is relieved immediately after this procedure . it is used primarily to relieve pain.what could go wrong in the procedure?
it was a very small sentinel pile..couldnt be seen from outside. but doc said it was necessary to remove it for complete healing of fissure. but now i think he said that just because of making more money.
before op, i sometimes got pain and that also only during very hard stool and smtimes not even with hard one also. now im having pain even wid very soft stool. i was almost 90% okay. i went to him to reach 100% . now i think i am just 10%. i hv never felt pain with this much soft stool since i hv got the fissure (7 months ago).

I am also feeling pain on one of the sites where he inserted the anesthetic injections. can this be injection infection? will it go away? which procedure were u undergone for ur fissure and was it done under local anesthesia or general?
i screamed loudly feeling severe piercing pain when he gave me anesthetic injections in my anus. is this normal? which anesthesia is better?
was sentinel pile necessary to be cut off?
thx.
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby dent1 » 05 Apr 2014, 07:24

Hi I have had 3 sentinal piles removed over 2 operations and they were always done under general anaesthetic as the CRS said the LA was painful and I also think perhaps the injections may distort the tissues and make it harder to see where to excise. I find it better now the piles have been removed as I have to continue to use movicol (stool softeners) to avoid getting constipated and it is easier keep the anal area cleaner as the piles used to swell and get inflamed. I did get horrible spams after the surgeries which took time to go but now fine. I had botox too so the spasms may have been related to the injection sites from the botox.
Bathe regularly this does help with the pain and use warm water sprayed from a shower head to clean up after bowel movements -easiest if you can sit on the side of a bathtub. Pat the area dry gently with loo paper or a clean towel.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Savaici » 05 Apr 2014, 12:33

I have had three hemorrhoid operations and they were INCREDIBLY PAINFUL!! Having a sentinel pile (read hemorrhoid) is the same. So sorry you are in such pain, but it is done now and you can only improve for each day that goes by. :smilyhug:

Drink enough water. Eat enough but not too much fibre. Be careful about constipation from pain killers. Make sure you clean well. DON't rub, only dab with water. Use a Stz bath to help you relax when you want to poop. Take a laxative. Milk of Magnesia if it is available where you are, if you can't get Miralax.

Hope you feel better very soon.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby goyalonkar40 » 05 Apr 2014, 14:04

hi savaici, thx for ur reply. in how many days does the pain possibly go away? i had it done on 1st of april. and will the site where it has been cut be vulnerable to hard stool in future forever like the fissure site? or it will heal permanently and cause no pain irrespective of stool nature?
thx
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby goyalonkar40 » 05 Apr 2014, 14:07

and why is pain there after cutting sentinel pile? is there a wound now on anal mucosa like fissure ? if yes then whats benefit of cutting it? then its like getting another big fissure.
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict

Postby goyalonkar40 » 05 Apr 2014, 23:11

i think pain is there where he had inserted anesthetic injections because the pain is almost same as the pain i felt during getting those injections (very severe). has he torn something beneath? he prescribed me augmentin 625 for this yesterday. but it has many side effects, the commonest being diarrhoea which will further aggravate my problem. other effects are on liver, easy bruising, easy bleeding which can also be negative for fissures. shud i take it?
wat shud i do? has smone faced this problem before?
goyalonkar40
Fibre Addict