It's finally gone (well the doc says 90%) but almost!!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

It's finally gone (well the doc says 90%) but almost!!

Postby ohblondeone » 03 May 2014, 21:01

I've posted on here and a few times in the last couple months. I can finally says I am pain and bleeding free!!!!! :smilyhug:

I started having a fissure last July and put off any kind of treatment or doctor visit until December. During the time I was unemployed, just moved to a new house, and dealing with tons of stress. All I did was sit on the couch all day long watching reruns on TV. Then in December I went to a GI and they told me I had a fissure. He gave me a couple of different creams, told me to take a stool softener and it would go away in a couple weeks. Wrong! The pains got worse and finally the first of April, after reading some posts on here, I decided it was time to really focus on getting healthy.

So here's what I did and it has gotten my fissure to 90%.

I start every morning with a smoothie with flax seed oil. I gave up all dairy so my smoothie is usually some frozen peaches, cup of almond milk, a banana and the flax seed oil. I've found not only does the flax seed keep you regular but it also helps as a stool softener.

Then I gave up all sodas and coffee so my mornings had to get used to having green tea. I swear by green tea, my skin is better, my hair's healthier and I just feel better.

For the rest of my meals I've cut out as much of the processed food as I can. I don't eat any kind of pasta or bread unless it's whole grain. I also make sure to get a lot of green veggies. At one point I ate so many that I thought I was dying because my BMs were green. I've also given up processed salad dressings. I only use oil and vinegar on my salads and I drink at list 60ish ounces of water a day.

Exercise has really helped to. Not only has my new diet almost healed my fissure but I've lost weight in the process. (Bonus!)

I'm still having weird pains in my stomach but I'm thinking that's stress related from everything I've been to from the job to the fissure to my fiance deploying. All I know is right now I'm thankful that I don't fear going to the bathroom anymore.

Keep being positive and trying different things to heal your fissure. Not everything works for everybody. You have to find what is best for you. Trial and error was the best thing for me.
ohblondeone

Topics: 3

Re: It's finally gone (well the doc says 90%) but almost!!

Postby Scientist2516 » 04 May 2014, 08:30

Sounds great, ohblondone. Congratulations on taking charge of your health, and healing your fissure! It really is a bonus that eating well and exercising are good for your whole body, not just your butt!
Trial and error are really important, and so is patience. Well done for surviving, and thanks for telling us your story.
:smilyhug: :Rock:
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Ever the Optimist » 04 May 2014, 13:01

Ohblondone,
That's how I believe my fissure was triggered too - relocation, major house move, sedentary but stressful time of finding work, convenience food ahoy and wham!....fissure. I'm healed too finally of my chronic fissure, in a very similar way to yourself and truly well done for getting there. It's a horrid horrid thing to have to deal with but it's great that people like yourself come back to tell a happy ending to their tale and inspire everyone else....Onwards & upwards! All the very best to you :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby ddeel » 18 May 2014, 14:34

What kind of excercie did you do in april?

Cardio or did you lift weights?

I do lift weights and I think it could be really bad when trying to heal.
ddeel
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Apes » 18 May 2014, 15:34

Lifting weights is not recommended. I'm only doing limited exceeding when I can, walking and stretching, once in a while I will hit some golf balls when I'm feeling really good. Listen to your body.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17