LIS for Fissure and Banding

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

LIS for Fissure and Banding

Postby Roidsfizzman » 15 May 2014, 11:54

Two weeks post surgery - I had a BM #5 with a little pain and some bleeding. Darn I had gone about 4 days with no bleeding. I did not have the major after pain, but I did have some nerve spikes in the fissure area. I am having a difficult time keeping my BMs regular as I range from one to three BMs a day. The BM's are soft from #5 to #7. I am taking one full dose of MiraLax per day. I have had to put a little more of none fiber into my diet to keep the stools smaller, so far it has not changed the texture of the stools. I have been working on having a BM with no pushing, but sometimes I do not empty and will have another BM in a couple of hours.

Post 15 days - today I had two #6 BMs (four hours apart) and I did have some minor after pain on the second one for about 30 minutes, but no bleeding from the BMs. My rear end is tender with still with some nerve spikes in the fissure area. I am also feeling a little pain in the hem banding on the right side. Today I had some gas escape while bending over doing some house cleaning. If the stool is watery, I only have a couple of minutes to make to the restroom or I feel that I could have a stool accident.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: LIS for Fissure and Banding

Postby Roidsfizzman » 16 May 2014, 08:07

Post 16 days - today I had 3 BM's #5 to #7 with some burning durning the BM. A couple of days ago when I looked at the fissure site there appeard to be a scab, but today they was no scap but it looked like fresh tender skin. This area could be from where the AF hood was cut off durning surgery. The only part of the fissure I could see was the head of the AF as most of it is internal. I am still getting stingers and the area is still raw and tender.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 17 May 2014, 07:53

Post 17 days- I had two BM's #6 about an hour apart in the morning. There was some burning with both BM's and I am getting some fullness in the area after the BM's that last about 4 or 5 hours. I am still getting some stingers throught out the day. I also have some milky looking substance in the anal area and I do not know if this is normal, but there is no foul smell. I was hopping to be healed by this time, but my fissure tear was moderately deep with some exposure of muscel fibers, so I guess its going to take more time.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 18 May 2014, 09:22

Post 18 days - I had one BM today #6 and no burning. I had the typical fullness for about 4 or 5 after the BM and stingers on and off through out the day. I have a lot of skin tags in the anal area left over from old hemorrhoids and the tags are still a little swollen and the area where the incision was made is still red and I can not see any stitches, but the incision was made between two swollen skin tags. I read in a study on post LIS surgery that the mean time to heal was three weeks and it looks like I will be on the long side of three weeks.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 20 May 2014, 08:26

Post 19 days - At times I feel I am headed for a full recovery as yesterday was my best day post surgery and no bleeding for 5 days and only a couple of stingers.

Post 20 days - Today I had a little bleeding and minor pain with a stool that was soft but on the large size and now I have doubts if this surgery will work for me. I had to push just a little to get stool out. These fissures are so unfair as one bad BM can screw everything up. I am still having one to three BMs a day #4 to #7. The mucus discharge is clearing up.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Apes » 20 May 2014, 08:40

Be patient stick to the plan. As someone told me, if you are having more good days then bad you are going in the right direction .
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Roidsfizzman » 22 May 2014, 16:55

Post 21 & 22 days - no bleeding or pain during BM for two days. Two BM each day #4 to #5. Still getting some stingers and a fullness that last for a couple of hours after BM. The anal area is still tender. The skin tags are looking much better as swelling continues to decrease. I had considered having the skin tags removed, but I did not want to complicate the real issue of the fissure and I was already doing the banding.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 24 May 2014, 14:29

Post 23 & 24 days - I have a new issue with the incision site bleeding and some stinging pain. The fissure area is good. I called my doctor and I was told if the issue continues for more than a couple day I am to make an appointment.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 27 May 2014, 18:02

Post 4 weeks out - The incision site stopped bleeding as the bleeding lasted for one day. After surgery to date, I have not gone longer than 5 days with out some type of bleeding. I am still getting some pain at different spots that will last from 5 seconds to 30 seconds. I still do not have what is called "Normal Butt". If I had it to do over again, I am not sure that I would mix the hem banding with the LIS as it leaves too many areas to heal. On my fissure the doctor cut off a hood and rounded skin edges on the sides and cauterized the base. Based on my experience I would NEVER do hem surgery and LIS at the same time. I would also question doing both tag removal and LIS unless the tag was interfering with the fissure. I go back to the doctor next week for my second check up.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Roidsfizzman » 03 Jun 2014, 12:14

Post 5 weeks LIS - I went to the doctor for my five week check up and the doctor said the fissure and incision site are healing and they looked good. When the doctor was poking around, the fissure and incison were both a little uncomfortable at it is tender. I did not want the doctor to use a scope as I had a concern of doing some damage. I have not had any bleeding for the past 11 days. I still get some nerve spikes but the frequency and pain level are decreasing. When I have the urge to go, I do not have much time to get to a restroom as I feel that I do not have full control of my stools. I have not lost a stool but it gets very uncomfortalbe if I have to hold it in. My doctor noted that I will need to firm up my stools in future to end the urge issue. I am not going to change anything until I get the normal butt feeling.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist