Banding/Botox for prolapsing internal hem’s and fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Banding/Botox for prolapsing internal hem’s and fissure

Postby Make.it.stop » 23 Feb 2021, 14:55

Hey Jon, hope you're well and thanks for the updates. I was wondering if you ever figured out the matter of stool circumference; I feel like this is a major problem for me too. Everything save for sometimes the tip is plenty soft but it's a huge log followed by a literal ball the size of a child's fist. I'm trying to eat a variation of my normal vegan diet minus the typical problem foods (which didn't used to cause stool like this) with smaller amounts spaced out but it doesn't seem to make a difference! Augh
10/17-31/12/17 – First signs/annihilated by Fissure 1
3/18 – Fissure 1 healed by sitz bath/toilet & GI bugs
1/21 – First signs/annihilated by Fissure 2
Make.it.stop
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Jon » 02 Mar 2021, 20:59

Make.it.stop wrote:Hey Jon, hope you're well and thanks for the updates. I was wondering if you ever figured out the matter of stool circumference; I feel like this is a major problem for me too. Everything save for sometimes the tip is plenty soft but it's a huge log followed by a literal ball the size of a child's fist. I'm trying to eat a variation of my normal vegan diet minus the typical problem foods (which didn't used to cause stool like this) with smaller amounts spaced out but it doesn't seem to make a difference! Augh

Somewhat. I think I was a bit backed up and not “regular” and that was leading to what should have been multiple movements coming out in one movement, and some pieces not making it all the way out with all of the swelling going on in there from the banding.

I still rarely have the snake like movement though. Always comes out in 4-5 pieces - though the pieces have mostly been consistent in appearance now and passing out easily.
Jon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jon » 02 Mar 2021, 21:07

Soooo....3 weeks later, and just when I thought I was progressing I have a new issue.

So fissure pain had turned more to itching, and then in the last week or so I really didn’t notice it much, and the last few days, not sure I noticed any fissure discomfort at all. So it’s possibly healed or close maybe? Great news right?

And the prolapsing hemorrhoids on bowel movements had gotten smaller. Goes back in easily, not painful. So while they weren’t gone, they were an improvement. Great news right?

Well.....now I’ve suddenly got a pretty large prolapse on my RIGHT side! That is constantly there. Started yesterday. Was feeling uncomfortable hours later after a bowel movement and thought it was fissure discomfort even though it didn’t “feel” like I’m used to that feeling. Went in the bathroom to go down there with a baby wipe thinking maybe I just needed to clean and noticed a lump.

This feels EXACTLY like it felt after the first bowel movement last July after my first procedure. But this is on the other side. This side I’ve always been able to push the hemorrhoids back in and then they stay in. This is either a brand new external, or it’s what he called “anal wall prolapse” when I had this on the left side last summer.

Unbelievable. It’s always something. Basically I’m at the point where I’m ready for the doctor to just cut everything out, and if it doesn’t work, just put me to sleep for good. So sick of this.
Jon
Fibre Addict

Postby Jon » 07 Jan 2022, 22:47

Update:

I “think” my fissure is healed. The only time I get any discomfort down there seems to be if I didn’t clean up great because….

I still have prolapsing hemorrhoids on bowel movements. Much smaller than they were for 10 years though.

Not sure what to do now: I’m mostly fine. But I’m terrified of getting another fissure and wonder if I should try to further treat the hemorrhoids, and finally get back to normal?

Or would I be at risk of ripping the fissure open again if I try banding again?

Probably going to just leave things alone unless the hemorrhoids start getting big again.

Happy to be largely pain free.
Jon
Fibre Addict