Miralax causing irritation

after LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Miralax causing irritation

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 Jun 2014, 10:16

I'm 5 weeks post-op today and have been having irritation again. I had my stitches taken out last Wednesday and am so thankful as they were really bothering me! My CRS said to use some hydrocortisone for the irritation I was having. I used that 4 times and feel worse! The area where the stitches were doesn't hurt anymore at all thank goodness but the fissure site is irritated again when sitting. Maybe it dried me out too much? She told me to stop the hydrocortisone and use Calmospetine instead.

I also started using Miralax with my Colace stool softener. Has anyone ever had Miralax cause them any irritation? My stools are formed not runny. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and only 1/4 tsp. at night.

Any advice to stop the irritation?

I was hoping LIS was the answer. Maybe I just need more time to heal. I just want my life back!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: Miralax causing irritation

Postby Jbl22424 » 02 Jun 2014, 10:56

I take a full dose of miralax nightly and 3 colace. The first part of my stool is formed but the second part is bristol 6. That doesn't seem to be irritating things for me, harder stools always caused more problems in my case. You had a lot done so I'm sure it just needs more time to heal, it will get there!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: Miralax causing irritation

Postby Roidsfizzman » 02 Jun 2014, 11:16

Hi STOT,

Have you tried A & D ointment for the irritation? If the A & D is going to work, you should see improvement in a day or two.

I would doubt the Miralax would cause an external irritation, but if you think it is the issue, change to a different stool softner. I have been taking Miralax daily for about a year and never had an issue with irritation.

PH
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4