An update...Please help

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

An update...Please help

Postby Fissurefrustration » 09 Jun 2014, 10:19

Hey gang, I've not posted in a while but heres my update.

So after the second course of GTN treatment all was hunky dory, and had a few BMs with no pain at all!! Heaven.
I looked down there using a mirror and I could clearly see 3 veins around the sphincter. not bulbous but slightly raised above the skin so I think I've got hemmis? My skin tag is also still there camping out coming from inside my canal radiating outside past my sphincter. So 2 days ago I was sat on the toilet contemplating the hemmis + Skin tags and what my next steps were when I had another unbearable passing glass sensation, I cried out and fell to the floor. Hoping the BM had just irritated the scar line i wiped, saw no blood and the pain had gone! so was happy about that, so went to the shower to rinse the back package off and suddenly as the water jet hit the sweet spot the same glass pain again, I screamed and just cried. I think I'm back at step one with my AF, but now with hemmis + the skin tag 'tagging' along.

Any advice on what to do would be fantastic. I've put on some sudocrem as the GTN ointment just gives me a bad headache now :( My GP the last time I saw him said there was nothing more he could do and basically said don't come back.

please help!

x :cry: x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: An update...Please help

Postby Scientist2516 » 09 Jun 2014, 10:26

I am so sorry, that is terrible. I can't imagine the disappointment and frustration you must be going through.
Your GP sounds useless. Can you go to a CRS? Maybe it's time for surgery. I just don't believe that nobody can help you. If your GP won't do anything, get a new GP.
As for the GTN, either you could dial it back, use very small amounts and build up gradually, to get some tolerance against the headaches, or you could try nifedipine or diltiazem.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Alyssa » 10 Jun 2014, 00:47

Have you tried using sitz baths to relieve some pain? I would also suggest to get a referral to a crs since most gp are not much help! And you need to be very proactive on this, others have had the same experience as you and they have advocated for themselves and got pushy in order to get some help. Remember, you're the one that has to go home and suffer after the doctors appointment.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Savaici » 10 Jun 2014, 13:35

Most definitely get pushy, and an appointmet with a CRS. "ordinary" doctors are useless with this in general. And I speak from experience.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222