Major pain & itching at anal opening :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Major pain & itching at anal opening :(

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 16 Jun 2014, 23:01

Hi Suzy,
I am a woman, in my 30's. I am due for gyno exam anyway, I can go. Funny the primary didn't mention that. I know the GI doc mentioned some gyno condition and said I couldn't have it because it doesn't fluctuate at all and mine fluctuates (though never normal unless I take bisacodyl laxative which nauseates me like crazy) But it's tough for me mentally because of my issues beginning the day of surgery and all. Yes my tag should have remained. It was slightly larger than a pea, he said it had been there a while. It was directly on my bum hole, does that change anything? Meaning does cutting directly there versus around there which is where a hemm is now, does that shed any light on what could have gone wrong? I keep thinking it must be scarring that somehow led stenosis that led to constipation. But I am trying to be open minded, I'd not self diagnose so much if doctors told me more.

Did you have to get your skin tags removed ? Like were they causing you problems? Or was it something fixed with another surgery already happening? The stenosis? It's funny because the doctor said if I didn't remove the tag it wouldn't be hygienic yet once it was over, he said "nah, doesn't really matter either way!" And I can honestly say, I haven't noticed a difference and I am a clean freak. I'm getting a bidet. I began using the moist towlette things for the bum but find they burn my already burning bum :(

I hope your thighs feel better as you heal. When was your surgery?

When you say that hemmy surgery can lead to stenosis, do I assume the same applies to skin tag surgery too? It sounds like I need the type of exam I have to have with anesthetic to confirm stenosis or not. the 2nd opinion doc didn't offer that and couldn't tell me either way, yet that's why I was there.

So were you constipated with your severe stenosis? And were you bloated or no? Sounds like any bloating you had was different and not all the time. I know it's normal to be bloated the first days post surgery because you are afraid to go to the bathroom. It's almost as if the constipation many get the first days post op stayed with me....and the bloating stayed too....I don't get why it didn't go away like with most people.

I am so glad your stenosis is gone, that is great news!!!
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby suzyljank » 18 Jun 2014, 18:51

Hi, Bummed-In-Oregon, Let's see my surgery was april of 2013. My skin tags were part of the skin and scar tissue removed to put the fresh tissue in (the flaps), they're weren't removed by themselves. My CRS doesn't like to remove them. Skin tags grow because they protect the fissure itself. When your fissure is acting up the tags can swell and be very uncomfortable. As far as scar tissue goes any rectal surgery can cause it. Even a fissure tearing and healing and tearing causes scar tissue. I didn't really have constipation, it was more like I couldn't pass a normal sized bm. They kept getting thinner and thinner. Thank god I was taking miralax by then. That was and is a life saver for me. I also started getting these awful charlie horse type spasm up the bum and they were horrible. Never knew when it was going to happen but they were happening more an more just before I decided on surgery. I purchased a sanicare hand held bidet, it attaches to the bathroom sink faucet and you can adjust the temperature of the water. Love it, I have one in each bathroom and even in my camper. It cleans the area well without rubbing with toilet tissue. The moist towelettes are nice too but I didn't want to irritate the region more. The surgery saved my life. I was so lucky to find a caring CRS who did a wonderful job with me. I still get irritated there sometime but it's nothing like before surgery and I really respect my bum now. I was given an 8-10 week initial healing time after surgery with recovery taking about 2 years. I choose a spinal for the surgery instead of general anesthesia. I was afraid of becoming constipated but the day after surgery I had diarrhea. I can remember the first time I had a normal bm after surgery. I was so excited that I could actually pass something that size that I cried. It really didn't hurt, just the clean up did. I'm sorry about your bloating. I really didn't have that but I know that a lot of gynecological problems can cause bloating that's why I suggested seeing a doctor. Remember, you are a human being and you have the right to tell a doctor not to do something or just plain no. If you don't like the way you're being treated tell them and find a new doctor. The first time I did that I was scared to death but after I did it I felt so good. Never let anyone treat you badly. I've even gone so far as firing a doctor in the middle of an exam and when he asked me why I told him. I've only done it 3 times but when the last one asked me why I told him he was an a-hole and had the bedside manner of a bedpan. I don't think he liked it but what could he do. I was paying him not the other way around. His nurse even called me and asked me if I wanted to reschedule an appointment and I told her no way. She actually thanked me for calling him an a-hole, said others in the office wanted to call him that for years. I guess I was in so much pain I just couldn't tolerate the doctor being a jerk. I hope you find a quick solution to your problem so you can get your life back on track. I wish you all the best. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 19 Jun 2014, 02:25

Oh man, a fissure on top of a hem and stenosis, I feel bad for what u went through and all the things I may have now as a result of that skin tag removal. I definitely opened Medussas box and a can of worms doing the surgery. Can u believe they said it was no different than when the derm burned a tiny skin tag off my neck!??! Ummm....not the same!

I fired a doctor too, he knew it, but had to have the last word and sent me a you're no longer welcome letter but u can come in for emergency only and only for a month. Its like, I already quit but now you're firing ME? LOL. It was just a power trip.

The problem with the one u fired is u still have to pay them and that's what upsets me so much.

It's late, what else I was going to say but forgot I will tomorrow.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather

Postby Bummed-In-Oregon » 19 Jun 2014, 02:25

Oh man, a fissure on top of a hem and stenosis, I feel bad for what u went through and all the things I may have now as a result of that skin tag removal. I definitely opened Medussas box and a can of worms doing the surgery. Can u believe they said it was no different than when the derm burned a tiny skin tag off my neck!??! Ummm....not the same!

I fired a doctor too, he knew it, but had to have the last word and sent me a you're no longer welcome letter but u can come in for emergency only and only for a month. Its like, I already quit but now you're firing ME? LOL. It was just a power trip.

The problem with the one u fired is u still have to pay them and that's what upsets me so much.

It's late, what else I was going to say but forgot I will tomorrow.
Bummed-In-Oregon
Salt Bather