A month after a fissurectomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

A month after a fissurectomy

Postby cww » 27 Jun 2014, 10:59

Hi Everyone,

I had a fissurectomy and tag removal exactly a month ago. The pain I felt after my BMs for the first 3 weeks was excruciating but this has improved over the last week. Over the last couple of days the pain isn't too bad when I go but I'm still getting pain afterwards and some bleeding. In fact today it has been bleeding on and off all day and is sore. I think it is bleeding from the fissurectomy site rather than the tags, which I think have healed. Just wondered how long other people have taken to heal after this procedure? Were you still getting bleeding after a month?

The last month has been pretty hard going! Would appreciate any advice or similar experiences.

Thanks.

CWW
cww

Topics: 1

Re: A month after a fissurectomy

Postby Manitourose » 28 Jun 2014, 17:09

Welcome cww, glad you are on the mend. I had a fistulotomy 1 week and 2 days ago. I am much earlier in the recovery stage after a different surgery but can relate to the ups and downs. I was mending quite well given my personal circumstances (look at my diary), but in the last day had much more pain and feel less on the mend than before.

I think our bodies really are beat up by surgeries like these and naturally have ups and downs. Considering especially what goes on down there... we do have to eat, live and use the bathroom after all and those things have a direct impact on our recovery. I've read a lot that people feel like they are doing great, no bleeding or pain, only to feel like crap again for a bit. I think setbacks are normal. Keep doing your best to rest and keep up with the things that help... baths, good diet, rest, staying hydrated and trying to live life knowing regardless of these setbacks you are doing your best going forward to heal.
Hope the next few days, weeks and months are better!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Postby cww » 01 Jul 2014, 06:21

Hi Manitourose - thanks for your message, it really gave me a boost! I am still up and down but managing to get some work done when I feel better. I hope your move has gone well and that you are on the mend. I think what I've learnt during this process is not to over analyse things because you can end up feeling bad about yourself. The BM is definitely not a precise science (!) as sometimes I can have eaten almost exactly the same thing 2 days running and the BM is still different!? The bath has definitely been my saviour though, and I'm so glad to have one in our flat.

All the best.
cww

Postby cww » 01 Jul 2014, 06:31

Only just read your last diary post - glad you have come to the same conclusion about over-analysing!! I thought it would take me a week to recover, and here I am almost 5 weeks later only just making significant process. A couple of weeks ago I read a scientific paper which analysed recovery time following a fissurectomy and out of about 250 patients the average was 7.5 weeks! So hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be running around!
cww