Intended for LIS, but got something else!

Wondering if anyone else went in for an LIS, but surgery turned out a bit different

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Intended for LIS, but got something else!

Postby Beamer23 » 16 Jul 2014, 16:24

Hi guys, new to the forum here. I got my surgery done this past Friday - 7/11/14. I am 5 days out and I'm feeling pretty good, but there are definitely still moments of great discomfort and pain. I had a really hard first few days, but I woke up today and felt a LOT better... it was almost as if I was still in a dream!

I was scheduled to receive a LIS, but when my doctor got in there for the surgery, he realized that my sphincter muscle was not affected by the fissure. Therefore, he did not end up cutting the sphincter muscle, but rather just removed my fissure and stitched everything back up.

I am curious if anyone else on here has had that experience? I consider myself to be lucky, and am humbled by some of the experiences I read on here. My heart is with all of those who have not had an easy recovery. It is nice to know that I am not alone in going through this.

Thanks for any input!
Beamer23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5