I need to know if I'm healed!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I need to know if I'm healed!!!

Postby Apes » 21 Jul 2014, 11:31

I had botox on May 5th I have my second follow up appointment next week. At the first appointment I did not let the doctor exam me internally. I figured it really served no purpose, so why take the chance. If it was healed or not there was nothing more she would do at that point.
I guess the same logic could go for next weeks appointment, but i feel I really need to know if its healed, fully or partially. I feel like it has healed as there is no pain during or after BM. However, I have an annoying sentinel tag that causes me some discomfort. I have also noticed recently more of a dull ache towards my tailbone and left cheek. Perhaps small spasms due to the botox wearing off???
Should i have any spasms if I'm healed? I know many people have had different symptoms after they have healed.
So for peace of mind should i let the doctor do an internal exam next week?
Thanks everyone
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Re: I need to know if I'm healed!!!

Postby soey » 21 Jul 2014, 12:24

Hi Apes!

I had the exam two weeks ago, and i was scared my fissure(s) would retear, but they didnt. I was VERY sore after the exam, but i am so happy that i did it. Found out that i was 90% healed. Your doctor probobly knows that he/she has to be very careful. I guess the exam gave me a mental relief ;) Oh, and I was put under general anesthesia, because i couldnt relax at all.. And when i couldnt relax, the muscles down there got too tight.
I have a sentinel tag(i think), only gives discomfort if it swells.. and yes, i still have the spasms sometimes too. Starting to think it's the nerves trying to heal(Been reading alot about this).

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! Fingers crossed that it's healed!
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Jul 2014, 12:34

Hi Apes, at 2.5 months, I would say it's time for an exam. Your CRS can take a light look externally at least. If at 2.5 months, your fissure hasn't healed enough to hold up to a quick external exam, then in my opinion, that's would indicate lackluster progress. On the upside, your CRS might confirm for you that you are all healed up and you are just getting residual pain from a scar/tag...which would be awesome. So, I would go for the check up. You poop over this thing every morning, so a quick peak shouldn't be too much worse than that in my opinion...
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Jul 2014, 12:38

Some doctors do "internal exams" differently, in my vast experience. Some just look and spread and use fingers, and some used anoscopes. I'm way too used to shoving things in my poor butt at this point so I just tell them to look because my anxiety is greater than my fissure pain at this point and I want to know if the damn thing has healed or not. I'd say start with a quick external look, and then go make your decision on how to proceed from there.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Apes » 21 Jul 2014, 14:04

It's the anoscope I am afraid of. But i think at this point you are right after 2.5 months I should be able to handle a gentle probe. Still afraid the scar tissue will not hold up but at this point peace of mind is big. I'll kill myself if she does it and theres a retear after. NERVOUS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby painfree » 21 Jul 2014, 20:19

calm relax trust. i know the anxiety side to fissuers are very real cause the pain is very real. stress wont help u heal though. botox deff helped me heal. i also used movicol to avoid hard stools. that worked v well. You need to trust somone its not nice going through this alone. just let go they know what they're doing. and even if they dont you relaxing will help u not to tear. deep breathing. you will get through this. i have and so have many others. there is hope here.
painfree

Postby Apes » 21 Jul 2014, 20:24

I'll be relaxed if I decide to let them in but you must understand I got my fissure from a routine colonoscopy. Logically speaking there is no reason to have anything inserted, I have 95 percent of my life back, mild discomfort. What's to gain for me it would be peace of mind, that does count for a lot.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby painfree » 21 Jul 2014, 20:41

after having a fissuer myself i will say i am prone to get it again. have to avoid hard stools. its just somthin im use to now. its been two years since mine healed. i suffer with ibs anxiety and depression thinking thats very related. whenever ive had any pain after bm i bath in warm salty water and coat in vitamine e capsual punctered. that has kept me going. have anoying tag still which flares up after hard bm otherwise it dosnt bother me. hope ive helped in some way. id be peed off if somone had done it to me. have had colonosopy before to. i dont see the need for exam any how i never had an internal exam after. if ure not in pain id say ure fine just have to be carefull. use movicol. those basturds im mad at them for u now.
painfree

Postby owmybum » 22 Jul 2014, 13:09

Apes.... You have the right to refuse an e am if you feel so anxious about it.
How about just letting the crs just have a look down there, and let them know you don't want anything inserted. You could also request a digital exam with a very well lubricated finger??
It's really your call.... Your body... If you don't feel up to being interfered with, so be it!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Apes » 22 Jul 2014, 13:17

At my first followup she did a digital, said to really see if it was healing she would need the anoscope. I'm actually leaning towards letting her, i really want to know how it looks and if it's completely healed or not.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP