Kondremul as a laxative and stool softener

Never heard of this before, "butt" will give it a try.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Kondremul as a laxative and stool softener

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 29 Jul 2014, 21:24

After today's issues with severe constipation due to a hard stool stuck in the anal canal, I am learning that soluable fiber from fruits and such may not be such a great combination with psyllium husk or other fiber supplements. I reluctantly reached for the Milk of Magnesia and downed a tablespoon and after several agonizing hours of having a strong urge to poop MOM kicked in and everything came through: the bulky hard stool followed by bulky soft stool.

I only heard of Kondremul from this forum and am going to give it a go once it arrives. Milk of Mag works, but i nearly passed out after trying to walk since it absorbs tons of water and flushes it out. Just the thing one does not need when fighting constipation.

Supposedly, Kondremul does a good job and is gentle. I am sensitive to Miralax so I am hoping a mineral oil like this will be better.

I will let you know how it goes. For the next few days I am on prune juice and colace until my order arrives.
Deleted User 3641

Re: Kondremul as a laxative and stool softener

Postby Scientist2516 » 11 Aug 2014, 21:11

Kondremul was a life-saver for me. I'd love to hear how you get on with it. Best of luck - I really hope it helps.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16