Collodial silver?

Any good?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Collodial silver?

Postby owmybum » 25 Aug 2014, 05:32

Has any one ever heard of or used collodial silver?? I have read a bit about it on the web... But not alot of fissure related info.

.?????????
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Collodial silver?

Postby msimon » 25 Aug 2014, 15:44

I have heard of it to treat wounds. Here in Canada you can just buy it at the local health food store. I think it can be drank as well as applied directly. I think it is one of those alternative medicine things that is controversial (that is to say poorly researched by Western science standards). I don't think it would do any harm. Sorry I can't be of any more help OMB.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Vanja1987 » 16 Sep 2014, 13:11

I went to my pharmacy today where lady mentioned me to try colloidal silver. In my native country (Croatia) I know a lot of people using it for minor cuts... All people really satisfied. I am gonna send e mail to the contact I got today to ask if they had patients with fissures before and how do they recommend to take it. Ill post here what she says to me.
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 16 Sep 2014, 16:34

Thankyou vanja. X
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Savaici » 16 Sep 2014, 18:28

OMB this is from the Mayo Clinic site, written by A Dr. Brent Bauer, head of Internal Medicine there. All that I could find:

Colloidal silver isn't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. Nor is it an essential mineral, as some sellers of silver products claim.

Colloidal silver products are made of tiny silver particles suspended in a liquid — the same type of precious metal used in jewelry, dental fillings, silverware and other consumer goods.

Colloidal silver products are usually marketed as dietary supplements that are taken by mouth. Colloidal silver products also come in forms to be injected or applied to the skin.

Manufacturers of colloidal silver products often claim that they are cure–alls, boosting your immune system, fighting bacteria and viruses, and treating cancer, HIV/AIDS, shingles, herpes, eye ailments and prostatitis.

However, no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has taken action against some manufacturers of colloidal silver products for making unproven health claims.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in argyria (ahr–JIR–e–uh), a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums. While argyria doesn't pose a serious health problem, it can be a cosmetic concern because it doesn't go away when you stop taking silver products.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen), quinolone antibiotics, tetracycline and thyroxine (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid) medications.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 17 Sep 2014, 06:27

Thanks Sav..... I won't be touching that then!!!!
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Vanja1987 » 21 Sep 2014, 13:17

Hi, Ive got an answer from a contact that is working with Collodial Silver:
How to use it: Spray it on your bum couple of times per day, specially after defecation. Drinking 20 ml 2x daily and aplicating it inside.
She said they had patients with fissure, that feedback was positive.

Well, I won't start using it just because there is not a lot of scientifically research on it, but I know couple of people that use it regularly, on scars and such, even drinking it. And they are all super satisfied.

then again, I understand that it is not in favor of pharmaceutical industry to research on this- imagine how much profits they would lose if they would back up something like colloidal silver...

And its not that our standard medicine is without harm- after applying Diltiazem for couple of weeks now, my Calcium levels in body are really low... Then I did research on Diltiazem- its a Calcium blocator drug.

So... we won't know about silver until someone uses it here and post it here! :)
Vanja1987
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3