update on my botox injections

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

update on my botox injections

Postby jlm1 » 31 Aug 2014, 18:21

Hi all!

So I had botox injections about a month ago now and just wanted to let everyone know that I seem to be going in the rigth direction of healing. I saw the crs last week and she thought I looked much better. We didn't do an internal because after talking we decided to not risk aggravating the area and the course of action would be the same regardless. She told me the botox could last a year. Sometimes people need another round. (hope I don't but know that I can do it if I have to) She also said that sometimes people get botox every year to avoid surgery but that we would cross that bridge if and when we get there. I really can't imagine living like that though. Would probably try kenelog or just do the damn surgery. She was optimistic and thinks in a month I'll be all set. I am still very vigilant about what I am eating, high fiber, protein, some fat, not much wheat or dairy. No red meat.
I am also continuing with my supplements: prune juice and aloe vera juice every night, a smoothie in the morning with lots of good stuff in it, magnesium 3 times a day, stool softener 3 times a day, msm 900 that is supposed to help rectal area and I have recently added: sea buckthorn oil, garlic, zinc, vitamin e,c, b. I use coconut oil when needed along with the compound ointment the crs prescribes morning and night. I am also using fissureheal suppositories that I bought online. I have no idea if this is all helping.......I got some ideas from here and from google searches. I still soak after each bm although I am starting work tuesday (teacher) and am afraid that I will have to have a bm outside of the house! I bought a travel bidet and have all my stuff in what I am calling my "but bag".
Hope everyone is having a great weekend and not suffering too much!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: update on my botox injections

Postby Roidsfizzman » 31 Aug 2014, 18:37

JLM,

Thanks for the update. I am glad that you are on the mend with Botox.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: update on my botox injections

Postby Alyssa » 01 Sep 2014, 17:08

J,

That's great news...
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor