So I had the botox done....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

So I had the botox done....

Postby Guest » 18 Dec 2007, 15:22

WOW! Boy am I glad I was under sedation for that, because I remember all five needles and they hurt. The Dr. didn't numb the area in all fairness.
So I feel "slightly" more loose down there but nothing very noticable. If I recall, other members said it took a few days to sink in.
The colonoscopy was cake! The prep wasn't bad because I lubbed up with tons of petroluem jelly. I really think that made all the differene in the world. And of what I can remember of the procedure it was, dare I say...pleasant. No pain, quick, and no damage to my AF.
NOW...my endoscopy was another matter altogether. That thing hurt like crazy! I pride myself on having a very strong ability to control my gag reflex. There isn't anything that has caused me to gag in my entire life...that I can recollect. But even under sedation, I can remember trying to get off the bed and the nurse holding me down. The scope felt like a fire house. As soon as I was out of the exam room and in the recover room it was like I never had it, but it was a tough pill to swallow and my throat feels sore today. Just a word of advice, DEFINITELY get sedated for this type of exam.
Everything look fine, but the doctor did conduct a biopsy or two and I should get those result back later in the week.
I'll be sure to keep the board in the loop on any progress with the botox.

Re: So I had the botox done....

Postby Guest » 18 Dec 2007, 15:53

Great news there. Aren't you glad that is over. You have come a long way and I bet you will be noticing a difference soon.

Take care and good luck with the biopsy results.

Postby buttgirl » 18 Dec 2007, 18:00

Glad the colonscopy wwent smoothly. You're lucky. My colonoscopy was like you endoscope. It was vividly painful and I was supposed to be under twilight sedation. Boy, did it hurt to have someone jabbing my fissure for a half hour.
It took a few days for the botox to fully kick in for me. I only had 2 shots, and they hurt less than the fissure, to be honest.
Glad you're done. Kep us informed about how the botox worked for you.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 18 Dec 2007, 18:40

hey chris, why did you have the colonoscopy/endoscopy? just for your own peace of mind, or was there another reason you wanted all the tests?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Dec 2007, 19:05

Wow, I'm glad it is all over and done. Yes, the real effects should kick in over the next couple days. I think the endoscopy would raise me off the table, too!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So let the healing begin!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 18 Dec 2007, 21:55

congrats chris for getting this out of the way.
for me, the colonoscopy was super easy too although i was super nervous for the whole week leading up to it.
i hope i never have to get an endoscopy!!!! i would want to be out and twilighted for that one too!!!!
so you felt the needles in the bum for the botox? wow!!!!! did they do the botox before or after your colonoscopy?
here's to successful healing and moving forward.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 19 Dec 2007, 10:06

Thanks for the info BG...I can't wait to see the results!
Juney...
I've had this pain in my side for over 7 months and the doctors I saw (5 total) immediately diagnosed it as an abdominal strain just because I work out alot. They refused to entertain any other idea...other then a mental problem because I would "suck it up and rehab the muscle." Well after seven months, it should havehealed. Also, I noticed that my digestion was off, like I was experiencing malabsorption, cases of severe bloating, and 100% hard tipped BM's all the time. Given that Crohns and Celiac run in my family, I thought it was a good idea to have the tests done. Also, one of the CRS' I saw said a conoloscopy was needed at this point because the fissure hadn't healed even with the strictest of diet and medication. He was young, so I went to a more experienced CRS that told me no colonscopy, it was time for surgery. Ironically he came out of the surgery to tell me that I wasn't bad enough to have it done.
Happy - I had the colonoscopy done first and then the botox. Thinking back, the needles didn't hurt any more then when you would get one in an unusual place, but I am VERY glad to have been sedated.
The funny thing about the whole ordeal was seeing how many people didn't show up for their appointments. I had to wait for about an hour and they shouted out at least 4 no shows during that time. I was so happy that the prep went well that I would have sat there all day to make sure I had my appointment.
Thanks for the support Kim and Lecia!

Postby juney » 19 Dec 2007, 10:45

chris, i'm curious to know what your colonoscopy results are! as you know i've had my fissure for a year and 1/2 now, 2 LIS surgeries, strict diet, etc, and still not healed. I have no family history of gastro problems, and no other symptoms but now i'm wondering if i should be concerned. neither of my dr's thought a colonoscopy was necessary, and the dr who did surgery ruled out cancer. who knows...
let us know when your results come back!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 19 Dec 2007, 14:23

juney, i had my fissure for close to four years and despite starting to see the CRS during maybe the end of year 2, he never advised of a colonoscopy until about 3.5 years since i wasn't responding super good to just an increase in fiber and i had continuous occassional bleeding.
even though it was something difficult for me to accept that i needed to get the colonoscopy, i also wanted to do it for other reasons. the most important one was to rule out anything serious even though i was super scared about that because if there was something serious then i meant having to deal with that on top of what i am already dealing with.
as far as getting colonoscopy results, i remember waking up from the procedure and my CRS just waved from across the room with 'everythings okay!" and that was the last i heard from him!
i should send him something for xmas and new years since he opted to cancel my LIS and fistulotomy before even booking the colonoscopy.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 12:04

Hope you start feeling the effects of the botox soon.
We don't have it here in the UK, not sure why, probably just because we are sooo behind the US in medicine.
Glad the colonoscopy was ok, it's put my mind at rest a bit for when I have mine.
Hope you get some answers soon to your pain in the side.