HEALED! but still had botox injections..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

HEALED! but still had botox injections..

Postby soey » 09 Oct 2014, 10:05

Hi again :) After 8 months, I'm finally healed! both my fissures are gone THANK GOD! However, I've had alot of irritation and intense burning after a BM(and during the day). My CRS gave me botox injections a few hours ago, and said it would help me 'relax' and it could even cure the remaning discomfort..
has anyone else gotten botox injections even if they were healed?

Everything looked very good, just alittle scar tissue that probobly is the main reason for all the irritation.. I can live with that as long as i know the fissures are gone.
Still scared of having a BM later, cause it's alittle sore.
I will write down my tips for natural healing, hoping that my tips might help someone else. But first; need sleep!
:thanx:
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Re: HEALED! but still had botox injections..

Postby Sakura1 » 10 Oct 2014, 00:52

Not sure if it helps but my bm after Botox wasn't painfully.

I guess my thoughts would be - if they are having a poke around down there anyway, then a bit of Botox May as well be given. It will allow you some additional healing time. My understanding is that the area is still quite fragile in the months directly after you consider yourself healed.

Downsides are - lots of people get external hemmy after injection, possible mild temporary incontinence

Huge well done on getting yourself healed :)
Sakura1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby soey » 11 Oct 2014, 23:13

thank you :)
There has been absolutely no problems with the injections. Was just alittle sore the day after, but now I'm back to normal. It feels better to poop already! I've pooped myself one time, but thats because i had to wait for too long before i could get to a bathroom.. thats ok, i don't mind crapping myself, as long as there is no severe pain!
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Alyssa » 12 Oct 2014, 12:27

Soey,

I had Botox injected on my pelvic floor muscles a few months after my fissure was declared healed. I still continued to have pain with bm... Now with Botox, the pain with bm has decreased but it is not fully eliminated. My doctor checked me last week and said that my sphincter is still tight so in December I will be getting Botox injected to the sphincter. Unfortunately for me, I am not truly "healed" since I still have pain!
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Alyssa » 20 Oct 2014, 20:50

Soey,

How are you doing? Did your doctor mention if you were still tight after the fissure healed?
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby soey » 21 Oct 2014, 14:31

Alyssa,

I was told that the muscles were never tight to begin with. However, the botox has kicked in now, and it helps! I feel almost normal. Feeling alittle bitter because my CRS wouldnt give me botox the first time i was there(8 months ago). I might have been able to get my life back alot sooner. And I will never be able to get over this mentally. I'll never be able to forget the pain I've been through.. And I'll always fear pooping :( I know a re-tear ould be just around the corner, but trying to stay optimistic and ENJOY the good days!
How's your fissure-hell going? Has the botox helped you 'heal'? I know you've been strugling with doctors telling you that you're healed, but you continue to have pain. Like me and so many others :(
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Alyssa » 21 Oct 2014, 21:09

I was told that the muscles were never tight to begin with."... Then why didn't it heal if you were not tight? Did they do a pressure test to determine if you had a tight sphincter or did they just do it digitally?

I don't know how I can mentally get over this also.. Everyday I worry of how my bm's will affect the rest of my day... If I push just a little but no straining, I'm sore for the rest of the day.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby Alyssa » 21 Oct 2014, 21:12

Do you are at 11 days onto Botox, when did you notice it kicking in? Any accidents?
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby soey » 22 Oct 2014, 05:07

thats what i try telling my CRS. And the fact that i had the terrible spasms the first few weeks. She said she did some kind of pressure test, but I was under general anesthesia, so the muscles would automatically relax(DA-AH!) It's absolutely rediculous that she didnt give me the injections a long time ago. Well, i did poop myself one morning, but thats because I had to wait too long to get to a bathroom xD Don't have any problems, but when I have to go - I have to go. She did not give me a huuuge dosage.. I'm thinking that i should do surgery when the botox wears off.. because I've been having this problem on/off the past 9 years or so.

I can relate to the mental issues you're having when it comes to the morning-poop-time.. I'm always fearing a re-tear, and probobly always will. I never expected a papercut in my anus doing so much damage mentally.
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist