How can I prove I have a fistula?

Poo coming through

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: How can I prove I have a fistula?

Postby owmybum » 14 Dec 2014, 09:05

Wow til, you have been through so much!
Tell me, do you have any underlying conditions that are the cause of all your fissures and fistulas?

Hopeful.... How are you??

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby tll » 14 Dec 2014, 14:07

No I do not have anything. I am thinking its related to a few things when I had my son 21 years ago I had a terrible child birth because I had a terrible Dr. He should have been taken c- section and was not then about 1 year later I had a small abcess they lanced that and didn't have anymore trouble for about 10 years. Then I had to have hemmrohoid surgery when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter( the worst pain ever is that surgery!!) Then about 4 years after that I had another abscess they lanced it again and put me antibiotics and it went away, but once in a while I would still feel a flareup and it would go away well then this last one never went away and kept getting worse so I probably had a fistula for a while and was not aware of it at the time, but I think mine never completely cleared up and eventually led to this because they never checked to see what was going on would just lance the area so now I have a terrific Colo rectal Dr. and hes trying to get to the bottom of this mess. I will find out the 29th if its cleared enough to do a reversal or not.
tll
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby owmybum » 15 Dec 2014, 11:34

Gosh... These kids have alot to answer for. My hems were the result of my number 2 son.
I really hope things have healed up well enough for you. How have you found having a bag?? I bet it's been a nice break not having to do a bm in so much pain!

OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby tll » 18 Dec 2014, 09:37

The bag is not so bad. The first month was because the stoma is swelled for about 6 weeks so I couldn't find a bag that didn't leak because it kept getting smaller then once it settled down and I had to switch the type of bag I was using it has not leaked since and yes its nice not having a bm and making everything flare up down there. I go the 29th to be put under anesthetic so Dr can check the fistula to see if its where he thinks it should be before he does a reversal. It is still draining though and I have read that it can for a while after the drain comes out. It has been 3 weeks since he removed the drain, but it was about a 2 1/2 inch long drain that was in the fistula so I am sure it will take time to settle down and heal all the way. If I have to keep the bag on longer that's fine what ever it takes to get this thing healed and gone.
tll
Salt Bather

Postby Dewlilly » 18 Dec 2014, 21:29

Wow tll u r an amazing person ur attitude is so positive considering what u have been through... Issues like these can quickly get a person down and I'm sure u have ur low moments but reading ur posts and seeing the positivity in them is very inspirational.... I hope things heal for u and I hope u have a wonderful holiday .. Blessings to u and urs
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby tll » 18 Dec 2014, 21:59

thank you for such kind words Dewilly I try to stay strong it does get hard at times, but considering I have an 11 year old daughter and a son and a 4 month old grand daughter I try to stay positive. I hope you have a wonderful holiday as well.
tll
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 20 Dec 2014, 04:10

I agree.... Such a strong lady!! I really don't know how you do it.
:Rock: :smilyhug: :afsmile:
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum