My top tips for natural healing!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My top tips for natural healing!

Postby soey » 22 Oct 2014, 05:59

I've been waiting for so long to write down my top tips for natural healing, but been afraid I'd jinx it :tongue: Most of the tips is already written down on this forum, but I still want to write down my own tips hoping I can help someone else and 'give back' for all the support you guys have given me the past months. Ok, so here goes..

1. Magnesium. 600 mg magnesium every night keeps my stools soft(Yes, ALL the poo is supersoft)
2. Stool softener. Don't need too much of this when i have such a high intake of magnesium, but better safe than sorry!
3. Alot of water, but not too much. 3 litres a day is perfect for me. If i drink less, I might get harder stools, if I drink too much my poo gets way too soft.
And! for all the ladies out there; when the 'time of the month' comes sneeking up on me, magnesium and more water during the evening/night will keep my stools soft! I've always had problems with hard stools during the time of the month..
4. Never ever strain on the toilet! And don't sit too long as this can stretch the skin too much.. (In my case). However, I do have to push to get it out. And when you have to go - go! Don't hold it in, that will only make it worse! And no wiping with toilet paper.
5. Find a diet that works for you! I have IBS, so too much fiber is a big no-no. I eat whole weat bread, some cheese, yoghurt, eggs, chicken, rice, pasta, some fruit/juice and I drink smoothie with berries, nuts etc(The blender will crush the nuts more than if you just chew them!) I also eat some chips and chocolate because I simply cannot live without it. Fish oil, Olive oil and vitamin E is also important for me.
6. Coffee in the morning to get things moving.
7. A hot bath after every BM. A simple sitz bath dont do the trick for me. After having a bath, lie down on your side/tummy for 30 mins to 'relax' as much as possible. After the 30 mins; Try to walk around alittle for blood circulation.
8. This forum! I cannot express how grateful I am for this forum. People here actually KNOW what you're going through, witch is impossible to understand for 'others' like friends and family.
9. Seek medical help! I've been suffering for way too long, was misdiagnosed for a long time and my CRS told me botox/surgery would not do anything for me.. I finally got botox, and it did help. So no matter what the GP or CRS tells you, remember that they could be wrong!! I also know that some doctors have problems really listening to their patients.. so switch doctors if they don't listen!!
10. This has been the hardest part for me; Remember that it's normal to have setbacks. I've had weeks were I've felt fine, then suddenly the pain comes back - And i would dig myself down in a black whole.. I still have days with some mild pain even if I'm healed. So even if it feels like it's never going to end; Believe it will. No matter how hard it gets, This WILL pass one way or another. I have to say that the mental issues I've gotten from this fissure is something that will stick with me for the rest of my life. But I'd rather have mental issues than fissure pain. .
11. Improving the blood circulation! Keep a hot water bottle under your bum or lie on a heating blanket. Hot baths helps, short walks(but no heavy exercising).
12. When it comes to the terrible spasms, I don't have any good tips except paracetamol(This will not give you constipation), and icecubes wrapped in a wet towel.. hold it against your anus, it might give some short relief.
13. In my case, creams, oils and stuff made my anus worse. I stopped using creams, and thats when I started feeling better. But this is very individual.
14. Lots of rest and sleep. I've been resting so much that I actually can't sit still now that I'm feeling better.. But stressing makes the pain worse in my case. The same with fear.. If you struggle with anxiety like me, try Valium to help you relax.

Remember that what works for me, might not work for you!
I hope some of you might find some of my tips helpful.. And I'm hoping all of you are on the road to recovery! :%_+:
:smilyhug:
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Re: My top tips for natural healing!

Postby owmybum » 22 Oct 2014, 11:11

Thankyou so much for this very detailed post. I'm sure it will help lots of people who are desperate in their time of need!!

:thanx:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby proudmama25 » 22 Oct 2014, 15:16

I was taking magnesium and miralax and found that it softened the stool a bit too much for me...I tried magnesium on its own and it didn't soften it enough so I think i have found just the right amount of Miralax for now without making things too messy or loose! I also drink coffee every morning but mine is b/c I don't get enough sleep with a baby! I would also love to take a hot bath instead of sitz bath b/c the sitz bath puts a strain on my bottom but alas, no time for that with baby! I did get to do one last week after a BM and it helped so much! Thank you for your list!
proudmama25
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Turk the cat » 27 Dec 2014, 19:00

soey wrote:
1. Magnesium. 600 mg magnesium every night keeps my stools soft(Yes, ALL the poo is supersoft)

Hi Soey. Thank you for the inspiring list.

Question: what brand and type of magnesium pill do you take?

I've recently begun to take the Natural Calm magnesium citrate brand powder, as getting my stools softer is a #1 goal of mine. It's only been about 10 days and I started at just .5 tsp, and built up. I've been at 2 tsp for about 4 days now, and stool could be looser. The trick with the powder is finding the "happy medium" where your stool is, to quote the packaging, "comfortably loose." Today I'm going to go to 3 tsp (615 mag magnesium citrate) which would be the upper limit I'd go for.

I'm not saying the magnesium citrate is hurting, and my body definitely feels calmer when taking, but I am a bit nervous about taking it in liquid form. Do you think there's much of a difference in how the body absorbs the MC between pill and powder form? I like the fact any magnesium citrate the body doesn't need will be eliminated in urine.

Maybe pill/capsule form would be easier and gentler, although my limited Google research seems to say the citrate form is one of the best absorbed.

regards, Turk's Mom
Turk the cat
Salt Bather

Topics: 16