Frustration and a question for ladies

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Frustration and a question for ladies

Postby Tejas123 » 01 Nov 2014, 11:26

Just felt the need to post as I'm still suffering, been getting recurring fissures for 20 months now and I'm getting so fed up with it.

I'm currently on the NHS waiting list for botox, which I'm not feeling too optimistic about as I think it will just keep recurring when it wears off. CRS said he wouldn't want to do LIS on me as I'm 27 and female so childbirth could cause incontinence.

Everything just feels too tight, and sometimes I find it difficult to pass a stool without straining even when it's soft, could this just be IBS or pelvic floor issues? I suppose I should mention it when I see CRS. I don't get the crazy spasms that a lot of people talk about which I am greatful for, but I am still sick of being sore and uncomfortable. When I last had an examination they said they could see scar tissue, is this likely to cause future problems if I just try to live with it?

Also the question for the ladies, I get tearing at the bottom of my vagina when I have sex, could this be in any way related? I've wracked my brains but can't think of what it could be, hormonal? Sorry if that's TMI but I have no one else to ask.
Tejas123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Frustration and a question for ladies

Postby soey » 02 Nov 2014, 10:12

Tejas123, so sorry you re suffering.
I've had fissure problems for the last 9 years or so, but never as bad as it got back in february. I've had botox, but still feel alot of soreness after a bm, and sometimes the whole day. But botox did make it better. My problem is that my CRS tells me it's NOT too tight back there, but i can feel it being too tight.. And yes, the scar tissue can cause alot of irritation. I'm healed, but I've got so much scar tissue thats it would be strange if it didnt cause any discomfort. I'm also 27, but the mental problems these fissures have given me has made me realize that I will probobly never dare to get pregnant.. (I've had the spasms, and they made me pray for death..)
I've also got IBS, but i think the main problems is the fear I have when i poo!!! Have you noticed if you're under alot of 'stress' when you go for a BM? Because it'll make it worse(at least in my case).
About the tearing at the bottom of your vagina, have you noticed if the skin is more 'fragile' at a spes. time of the month? I have alot of soreness a few days before I get my period, including my vagina.. Actually, if I do get a slight re tear, it's ALWAYS during those days.. I'm thinking it has to be hormonal, but my GP just won't listen to me when I bring it up. Hope you find some answers! Good luck!
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18