Will LIS prevent new fissures?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Will LIS prevent new fissures?

Postby Still hoping » 03 Nov 2014, 21:28

I think I have a new fissure. I had pain and bleeding during a bowel movement yesterday. I don't understand why since I am still using midi pine twice a day, miralax, eating lots of fiber, and not straining at all during the bowel movements. I have an appointment with my CRS tomorrow to confirm it. It feels just like a fissure but not as painful thank goodness!

This is my third fissure. The first one healed up after botox in Feb. I got the second one when I tried to taper off the nifedipine in June. It healed after a month of using nifedipine or nitro twice a day. I probably still had some botox left in my system too. My CRS said if I got another one, he wouldn't recommend botox, he would recommend LIS.

Over the last five months I've developed a number of gynecological problems. I've been on a mild steroid suppository for three months. It's used vaginally but it leaks so I am sure it gets onto the anal area. I've been tapering off of it me am finally down to using it twice a week. I wonder if this steroid is related to the new fissure. Maybe weakened the skin more?

Will LIS prevent new fissures or just heal up this current one? I don't understand how I got this fissure so I am trying to figure out how to prevent another one. I've done everything I can think of aside from surgery.

I got married later in life and want to start trying to have a family. I'm 38. I've already delayed on this for 18 months due to all these problems.

Thanks for the input! I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum at all since these gynecological problems started. It's just too many things.
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11