D & H Tips and Tricks Series Pt. 5 Healing

General and specific

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

D & H Tips and Tricks Series Pt. 5 Healing

Postby Deleted User 3925 » 15 Nov 2014, 16:27

"A brother was taken sick with inflammation of the bowels and bloody dysentery.
Two or three were taken in a large spring wagon on spring mattresses. But this man
who was suffering from inflammation of the bowels, sent for me to come to him. My
husband and I decided that it would not do to move him. Fears were entertained that
mortification had set in.

Then the thought came to me like a communication from the
Lord to take pulverized charcoal, put water upon it, and give this water to the sick
man to drink, putting bandages of the charcoal over the bowels and stomach. We
were about one mile from the city of Denison, but the sick man’s son went to a blacksmith’s
shop, secured the charcoal, and pulverized it, and then used it according to the
directions given. The result was that in half an hour there was a change for the better.

We had to go on our journey and leave the family behind, but what was our surprise
the following day to see their wagon overtake us. The sick man was lying in a bed in
the wagon. The blessing of God had worked with the simple means used"
.—Letter 182, 1899 (To a worker in an overseas field. See p. 287).

Note: A more modern descriptive use of the charcoal poultice here...
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/ch ... ultice.htm

"I write these things that you may know that the Lord has not left us without the use
of simple remedies which, when used, will not leave the system in the weakened condition
in which the use of drugs so often leaves it. We need well-trained nurses who can understand
how to use the simple remedies that nature provides for restoration to health, and who can
teach those who are ignorant of the laws of health how to use these simple but effective
cures." {2SM 296.1}

"Walking, in all cases where it is possible, is the best remedy for diseased bodies, because in
this exercise all the organs of the body are brought into use. Many who depend upon the
movement cure could accomplish more for themselves by muscular exercise than the movements
can do for them. In some cases, want of exercise causes the bowels and muscles to become
enfeebled and shrunken, and these organs that have become enfeebled for want of use will be
strengthened by exercise. There is no exercise that can take the place of walking. By it the circulation
of the blood is greatly improved."—Testimonies for the Church 3:78 (1871). {CH 200.2}

"Many are inclined to regard their condition as worse than it really is. This state of mind is
unfavorable to recovery, and should not be encouraged."{MH 238.3}

“One of the most beneficial remedies is pulverized charcoal in a bag and used in fomentations. This
is a most successful remedy. If wet in smartweed, boiled, it is still better. I have ordered this in cases
where the sick were suffering great pain, and when it has been confided to me by the physician that
he thought it was the last before the close of life. Then I suggested the charcoal, and the patient has
slept, the turning point came, and recovery was the result.

To students, when injured with bruised hands, and suffering with inflammation, I have prescribed
this simple remedy with perfect success. The poison of inflammation is overcome, the pain removed,
and healing goes on rapidly. The more severe inflammation of the eyes will be relieved by a poultice
of charcoal, put in a bag and dipped in hot or cold water as will best
suit the case. This works, like a charm".

“I expect you will laugh at this; but if I could give this remedy some outlandish name, that no one
knew but myself, it would have greater influence.”—Letter 82, 1897.

For several days he has had a painful swelling on the knee, supposed to be from the bite of some
poisonous insect. Pulverized charcoal, mixed with flaxseed, was placed upon the swelling, and this
poultice gave relief at once. The child had screamed with pain all night, but when this was applied,
he slept. {2SM 299.3}

"I will tell you a little about my experience with charcoal as a remedy. For some forms of
indigestion, it is more efficacious than drugs. A little olive oil into which some of this powder
has been stirred tends to cleanse and heal. I find it is excellent. Pulverized charcoal from
eucalyptus wood we have used freely in cases of inflammation...."{2SM 298.5}
Deleted User 3925