Bruised anal sphincter?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Bruised anal sphincter?

Postby Dung_beetle » 10 Dec 2014, 19:00

Three days ago another fissure appeared. Today I decided to look at it since it was bleeding. I discovered a little bump on the dentate line that has to be a hemorrhoid, since it is lumpy. It had a strange orange spot on it and didn't hurt. While looking at it I tugged on my skin just enough to expose a bit of the rectal mucosa. I was horrified to find two small canker-like sores on it. I think I just found out why my bunghole and surrounding area hurt so much. I'm definitely going to see my doctor very soon.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Alyssa » 10 Dec 2014, 22:25

Have you done a colonoscopy?
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Dung_beetle » 11 Dec 2014, 16:36

No, but I will be in about two weeks. I'm terrified because I never had one before. The prep is my biggest fear. Yuck. I never thought I would ever have to deliberately make myself have diarrhea.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 11 Dec 2014, 18:00

The prep is not so bad. The diarrhoea doesn't hurt your anus the way gastro diarrhoea does - it's actually kind of nice to have pain free BMs. At least, in my case that was true.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Alyssa » 11 Dec 2014, 22:16

Same with me... I did not have any issues with the prep either and will not be scared to do it again if need be.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby Dung_beetle » 13 Dec 2014, 12:57

That is really good to know. Knowing the diarrhea will have a more neutral pH has eased some of my anxiety. I'm just worried about the pain, because my last diarrhea experience was extremely painful. The stuff really burned my anus and insides. I really don't want to go through that kind of discomfort for a medical test.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict

Postby Alyssa » 13 Dec 2014, 17:41

You can also have a warm squirt bottle to squirt during or after bowel movements so it can lessen the pain.
2/14 Fissure developed
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Postby Dung_beetle » 04 Feb 2015, 19:38

Tomorrow is colonoscopy day. I had to postpone it due to the Christmas holidays. I've been prepping all day. The Pico-Salax really does what it is supposed to do and well. I'm just really hungry.

Scientist2516 wrote:The prep is not so bad. The diarrhoea doesn't hurt your anus the way gastro diarrhoea does - it's actually kind of nice to have pain free BMs. At least, in my case that was true.

The BMs definitely don't burn which is making the prep a lot more tolerable. The only trouble I had was with a bout of tenesmus. I easily relieved it by pressing cold wet toilet paper against my anus for a few minutes.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict

Postby Dung_beetle » 04 Feb 2015, 19:55

Massaging my anal sphincter back in early December has gotten rid of most of my muscle pain. I still get discomfort but it is nothing compared to what I was experiencing before. I can walk, sit and lie down without much discomfort. Unfortunately it hasn't reduced my rectal bleeding and mucus production. Fissures and other anal problems definitely affect surrounding muscle.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict

Postby Dung_beetle » 05 Feb 2015, 23:59

This test was a waste of time and unnecessary. It was normal. Having atypical anal fissure presentation doesn't mean one has inflammatory bowel disease. All my fissures have been on the sides rather than the front or back. I also get them for no reason at all. I certainly don't have issues with constipation and diarrhea so all the fiber and water advice is useless to me. Actually fiber makes matters worse because it bulks my BMs too much which causes more fissures.

Even though the bowel prep BMs are not acidic that didn't prevent irritation. The first dose of Pico went fairly well. My bum became very irritated and bled after the second dose, probably because I went 13 times. I'm livid right now.

I got a prescription for nifedipine 0.2% w/ 5% xylocaine and was told to book a follow-up appointment. I'm not sure I'm going to fill it or go back. This ointment seems to have the same side effects as the nitro cream I tried. It gave me a nasty migraine so I only used it once. There has to be other ways to treat fissures without medical intervention.
Dung_beetle
Fibre Addict