set back 3.5 weeks after botox

help and advise please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

set back 3.5 weeks after botox

Postby Molli1989 » 12 Dec 2014, 02:12

Hi guys

I had botox injections for an anal fissure approx 3.5weeks ago. It was very painful afterwards but I started to feel some relief about 2weeks later. I feel as if I have now developed another fissure opposite the original one. The pain is upon going and I have discomfort afterwards for a couple of hours whereby things feel quite tight.

I am very worried about this as I feel as if the botox treatment is not working and will not work. I am feeling very disappointed at tge moment. Does anyone have any tips or has dealt with this before?

At the moment I am using a barrier cream before bm and vaseline to soothe afterwards
Help appreciated
Molli1989
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: set back 3.5 weeks after botox

Postby owmybum » 14 Dec 2014, 08:49

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of your problems post Botox.
Are you using a stool softener? Keep bms nice and soft. If you can use nitro, maybe use that as well?
Botox has had very mixed results. Sometimes it can last for months, sometimes a few weeks. Your best bet is to have a word with your CRS if you can.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: set back 3.5 weeks after botox

Postby Molli1989 » 14 Dec 2014, 09:18

Thank you for the reply. The crs prescribed fibrogel for a month after surgery. I finished this a few weeks ago. Although I have been diagnosed with ibs and as a result stools do not bulk up. At the moment I am using a barrier cream before going and applying vaseline snd germoloids afterwards.

Have a follow up appointment with the crs in about 2 weeks. Do you think I should wait until then or contact them sooner?

I was told that the botox would work for upto 6 months so am feeling very confused as to why this has happened as this seemed to happen with any topical treatment I hsve used in the past. All would be fine whilst I was applying creams but as soon as I stopped the pain would be back.

Thanks for your suggestions
Molli1989
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2