can't seem to make up my mind about LIS

asking for advice - again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

can't seem to make up my mind about LIS

Postby soey » 14 Dec 2014, 07:11

Again, I have to ask you guys for advice. I've been thinking about having surgery for weeks now, and it's starting to break me down alittle.
I had my fissures in february of this year, and it took several months for it to heal. However, I keep having pain/discomfort. Mostly it's burning after a BM, and some kind of sandpaper-feeling during the day. Not every day, but specially about ten days before i get my period.
I had botox weeks ago, and it did help alittle. I didnt have to push as much when i went for a BM, passing gas wasnt that hard and the discomfort was minimal. The botox gave me a hemmie that has been bothering me, but is being kept under control with steroid cream(short term solution). The botox has worn off, and i dont want to get another injection.
I'm going to the hospital for an exam on wednesday and talk about the next step.

I'm really confused, because I am getting better, it's just taking way too long, and I'm wondering if i should just do the LIS, or keep waiting. I guess I can live like this, but I have to say my mental health is not very good now.

So i guess my question is; Will LIS be the solution? Or should I keep giving it more time?

Also, have any of you tried jogging or any other kind of exercise? I miss jogging so much, and even if iI'm HEALED, i worry that something might go wrong.

:thankyou:
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Re: can't seem to make up my mind about LIS

Postby owmybum » 14 Dec 2014, 08:43

It's so hard to make that jump to have surgery. My advice would be to discuss things further with your CRS until you are happy with the decision. There's no harm in putting things off until you are good and ready.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby soey » 14 Dec 2014, 12:19

thank you for responding. I'll try to give the thinking some rest until I see my CRS on wednesday.
Have you tried any exercise ?
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 14 Dec 2014, 13:44

Walking and swimming are ok for me. Maybe try a shore gentle jog if you feel up to it?
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby zippitydoodah » 18 Dec 2014, 23:10

I'm in a similar boat, soey! I'm still dealing with awful pain each day, but it's only about a 6 on the scale instead of the 9/10 that I had last month. I've also learned to eat better and that helps keep the BMs regular and good consistency. I scheduled LIS for 5 weeks from now, but if I keep getting better, maybe I should cancel it? Then again, January through April is the only time of year I can take vacation from work so if I'm going to do it, I have to do it during that window - so there is some time pressure for me. (I will also be moving in summer so I worry about moving boxes if the surgery was too recent.) Ahh, such a tough choice. I hope we both get to healing very quickly so we don't have to decide. =P
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Jbl22424 » 19 Dec 2014, 02:19

OMB gives good advice. None of us can really tell you if or when it's the right decision. I will say that I also had times before surgery where I felt so good that I wasn't sure I needed it. I ended up getting it and still had problems after so I'm happy I did it because if I hadn't, things would have been worse. It's a tough call, if you aren't sure then wait or find a surgeon with a good last minute cancellation policy (mine permitted me to cancel on the morning of).
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby soey » 19 Dec 2014, 02:25

I had a good talk with my CRS, for the first time ever I actaully felt like she was listening. She told me to give it a few weeks, and if nothing has changed, we are going for LIS. However, this morning my BM was pretty bad, alot of burning that wont seem to stop.. I have made up my mind, I'm giving my CRS a call and letting her know I want the surgery. I am at my breaking point and feel like my life isnt worth living anymore. I know I have to wait a few weeks because my CRS is very busy.. The surgery doenst scare me at all anymore. What scares me is the deep hole I'm in right now.
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby soey » 19 Dec 2014, 03:32

Now my CRS tells me she has to renovering my Hemmie BEFORE doing the surgery. Anyone know why? I'm so confused. She might be able to put a band on it and do the LIS at the same time. Who am I kidding, she probobly won't do anything..
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby soey » 19 Dec 2014, 03:32

Remove*
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby zippitydoodah » 21 Dec 2014, 23:27

Oh soey! I'm sorry to hear that things have been tougher for you lately. I would definitely ask her why she is insisting on the hemmie first; I think it's important to understand everything as well as possible so you can make a well-informed decision.

Another user (chachacha) was saying just the opposite... that her doc wants to do the LIS but does not want to touch the hemmies at this point - lis-scheduled-nervous-but-hopeful-t9128-10.html - maybe you two could compare notes?
-Fissure since August 2014 after diarrhea and antibiotics
-Using diltiazem, baths, ibuprofen, magnesium, high fiber diet/supplements, probiotics, coconut oil, cleaning with water & wipes only
-LIS & skin tag removal scheduled for late January 2015
zippitydoodah
Salt Bather

Topics: 6