Please define spasm

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Please define spasm

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 12 Jan 2015, 11:20

Do you folks tell these stories to your doctors? If yes what do they tell you back? They cant let people live like this. Before i found and joined this site i could never in my wildest dreams think that it was this bad around in wealthy countrys. If i was a doctor and did read this i would do anything in my power to help. I think colostomy is the way to go if the other methods dont work. It is not pretty but would you not rather live a painless life with that bag attached to you then letting the anus rule your life.
If i don't get better i will go for that option. I know it will not be easy to get the surgery, but i will not give up. If not i am afraid that i maybe snap and kill myself. It is something i dont want to do, but who knows where the border is when there is no light in the tunnel.
Deleted User 4015

Postby chachacha » 13 Jan 2015, 19:47

Hurtlikehell wrote:Do you folks tell these stories to your doctors? If yes what do they tell you back? They cant let people live like this. Before i found and joined this site i could never in my wildest dreams think that it was this bad around in wealthy countrys. If i was a doctor and did read this i would do anything in my power to help. I think colostomy is the way to go if the other methods dont work. It is not pretty but would you not rather live a painless life with that bag attached to you then letting the anus rule your life.
If i don't get better i will go for that option. I know it will not be easy to get the surgery, but i will not give up. If not i am afraid that i maybe snap and kill myself. It is something i dont want to do, but who knows where the border is when there is no light in the tunnel.

I'm sure that many of us have thought of a colostomy as a way out, but my mother has one and I often visit the ostomy forums for her. There are a lot of issues that may not work out in your favour on that front too, such as intense pain from a reaction to the glue in the bag (many patients have skin that is raw from the bag not allowing enough air on it too)and pain on the stoma itself (the part of your intestine that they leave outside). You can also have odour issues, and leaking from the anal opening, even though everything is supposed to exit via the stoma into the bag. You also have to consider the fact that you may not be able to deal with the upkeep of the system as you age, and some retirement residences will not allow you to move in if you have one.

Have you had the LIS surgery yet? If not, that would probably be a far better option.

I have read some of your other posts, and really feel for you, by the way. I am "lucky" in that I only have a movement every 4 days, but that day is extremely hellish. I hope that things improve for you soon.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 4015 » 14 Jan 2015, 15:29

A friend of my dad has colostomy. He should only have it temporary, but he did find it so ok to have that he going to have it for the rest of his life. Retierment residences cant deny you for that in my country.
Deleted User 4015