coconut cure worked for me so far

Homemade coconut suppositories

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

coconut cure worked for me so far

Postby zander » 06 Feb 2015, 21:00

hi everyone... I never post things on message boards but thought I should share my good fortune in the hopes that someone else will have the same success in curing or at least placating their AF.

I have suffered for nearly 10 years with pain, bleeding, etc etc due to recurring internal anal fissures. I would have a month or year of good luck, then something would set it off and I'd be back to square one. I truly know the misery, and the angst of putting on a brave face when all I want to do is crawl into a hot bath.

Recently I went to a surgeon who gave me diltiazem cream and psyllium husks. I was reluctant to use a drug for several weeks and wanted to heal myself naturally if at all possible.

After lots of reading I decided to make my own coconut oil suppositories. I insert just before bedtime and after every bowel movement and have been totally painfree and smooth sailing for nearly a month now. woot! it makes things err, slippery, and it's possible that coconut oil has some healing properties. However it is worth using alone for it's great texture, neutral smell and the fact that it's a natural food with no harm of long term use.

Here's how I make them:

1) Get a jar of coconut oil to the right temp where it is malleable and soft but not runny
2) put a small amount on some clingfilm and roll it up into a little bullet/cigar shape (sort of like rolling up tobacco in a square of rice paper if you have ever done that)
3) you should now have a little wrapped log of coconut oil wrapped in clingfilm. you can experiment with the size/shape. Make lots and store in the freezer until ready for use.

inserting is no problem as the oil melts on contact with the body.
I would say the oil makes the area slightly more itchy than normal (no idea why) but that is far better than dreading going to the loo followed by bleeding and throbbing pain :o
I have also made sure I am completely diligent with using them every day without fail. I hope if I can do this process and give my body a few months to heal then all will be well....

seriously, give it a try - you have nothing to lose! good luck...
zander

Topics: 1

Re: coconut cure worked for me so far

Postby hurtinend » 09 Feb 2015, 10:04

thank you for the post. Your story sounds very similar to mine.

I have been thinking about the coconut oil supps, so I am going to try it now.

I assume you cut the cling wrap in small squares for wrapping the oil?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52