Fissure, Plug Effect, Sporadic Blood.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure, Plug Effect, Sporadic Blood.

Postby JonnyJ » 03 Mar 2015, 17:14

I got over what was a thrombosed hemorrhoid in November and thought I had healed up of my fissure that was there for awhile but I went to the CRS again recently and he said I had a fissure which was a surprise because I'm not having any pain. I also have a skin tag. He told me he thought the blood I'd been seeing recently was from the fissure he saw. He said he could fix this for good with a 30-minute procedure to remove the skin tag and fissure I presume he's talking about a LIS? Is that the only thing that removes a fissure? He made it sound like no big deal. I'm also dealing with issues with sometimes I get the plug effect where the first part of my stool will be bulky or harder than the back, and keep it from coming out without some strain. It really sucks. I take two Colace stool softeners a day, drink tons and tons of water, eat a lot of fruits, and veggies, but it's still not enough sometimes to stop the plug effect. I've also tried Miralax which is touch and go. Nifedipine/Lidocaine doesn't seem to do too much, although I haven't tried applying it right before a bowel movement, maybe that'd help.

Also I do sitz baths daily and after every BM. Today I had the plug, & I don't push it out, but it's so annoying. I passed it eventually when I drank more coffee, but it's just the tip that causes the plug and the issue. It's not every day just every now and then. And of course today I noticed more bright red blood again on the tissue. Ugh. I guess from the fissure, not sure. No pain, just blood. Since the CRS thought it was coming from the fissure I guess he's right. Can a fissure be active but not painful and just bleed?

It looks like this is just going to be a chronic issue until I have the procedure. I'll probably be glad when it's over. On the plus side, it seems my hemorrhoids have decreased again from what they were and I may not need a full hemorrhoidectamy. The CRS didn't mention them except to say that he'd check inside during the procedure for any internal ones. So to not have to endure that would be a relief.
JonnyJ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Re: Fissure, Plug Effect, Sporadic Blood.

Postby Panda09 » 06 Mar 2015, 05:39

Jonny J,

Have you varied Miralax dosage to see what helps?

Go for 2x a day if once does not help. Even one single adult dosage can be split into two halves to be taken every 12 hours.

P
Panda09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1