Coping/Tricks/Tips

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Coping/Tricks/Tips

Postby JonnyJ » 27 Mar 2015, 17:05

How do you all cope with and deal with fissures and hemorrhoids? I've found the near-perfect combination for me is daily sitz baths after every BM when possible, about 2-3 per day, always use wet tissue when wiping, Magnesium 250mg twice a day, 500mg Colace every night, tons of fruits, (no skin), tons of water, & olive oil with every meal especially one that's bulkier. I also have taken to taking Dulcolax laxatives quite often, I know it's not good to depend on them but I find they work well & keep me from the bulky hard stools. Also, coffee in mornings. This regimen seems to work well for me. My CRS was going to do an eua & remove skin tags but he took so long to call me after my appointment that now I'm not sure if I want to have surgery or not, and just try home care first. I've already chickened out with him a couple times before..I just really want to avoid surgery if possible he's a great doc but you know how it is, surgery is scary even if "routine". And the regimen I do seems to help me. What do you all think. Have you had luck with Dulcolax? It works really well for me in combination with the other things I mentioned. I also recommend witch hazel pads every now and then, they seemed to work ok for me. But also Lidocaine/Nifedipine. Not sure how much benefit that actually does but it does seem to promote healing somewhat. I haven't tried Nitro yet.
JonnyJ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Re: Coping/Tricks/Tips

Postby Savaici » 11 Apr 2015, 04:15

Your combination of tricks sounds pretty much like mine! I use Milk of Magnesia, however, and no stool softener. I have not had surgery and do not intend to. Witch Hazel is too drying for me. I use Vaseline and have done since the beginning. I NEVER wipe, only pat. I just bought some new olive oil that is delicious. Paul Newman brand, more expensive than my previous, but worth it. Could not live without my coffee - with milk...and cream too :bouncing heart
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Coping/Tricks/Tips

Postby hurtinend » 11 Apr 2015, 14:10

I am trying natural witch hazel with aloe Vera - the brand is Thayers, available in health food stores or online. It has no alcohol in it which is drying. I find it very soothing.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52