Banding and Botox today. Owch.

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Banding and Botox today. Owch.

Postby Fissurefrustration » 17 Apr 2015, 12:50

Hi all.

Just got home from my EUA, banding and Botox under general anaesthetic . The only really odd thing was I had no bowel prep!! No enema or anything.

The surgeon was lovely and did banding of all my hemmis (4 of them) and injected Botox. I'm so lucky my surgeon got changed my last surgeon said she saw nothing on the anuscope and that my fissure was healed. After my eua I asked him what he saw and he confirmed a chronic fissure with 4 large hemmis. Pain is really bad down there around 7/10 at the moment but I'm home. Any advice post op would be great how to ensure Botox and banding is effective. Going to take the week off work and just focus on getting better.

I'm sat on a hot water bottle to help with pain - is this ok to do?

Hugs to all. J x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Banding and Botox today. Owch.

Postby msimon » 17 Apr 2015, 19:40

Hi FF. So glad to hear you made it out okay and that your surgeon found a way to help you.

Wow! 4 large internal hemmies is a lot at once. Did they send you along with pain meds? When I get hemmies banded I find that ibuprofen is the most effective. They can really throb until they fall off, which luckily for me is usually the next day (but I think in most people takes a few days with the throbbing improving after a couple of days).

The heat may help with muscle spasm, which I usually get when banded but it may also increase inflammation, which should peak in 72 hours. So I would be mindful not to use too much heat until then.

The best advice I would give is to make sure you keep your stools soft. With 4 large hemmies you may have quite a bit of blood when they slough off and a soft stool will help keep the trauma to a minimum.

As for the botox, you may start to feel it kicking in at 3-5 days but the full effect can take up to 2 weeks so hang in there. My fingers are crossed that this is your answer. Keep us updated on how you are doing.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Banding and Botox today. Owch.

Postby Scientist2516 » 18 Apr 2015, 08:38

I've got nothing to add to msimon's great advice. Just - good luck, and I hope the pain is manageable.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16